The Beatles: Rock Band marks the first time that Apple Corps, along with EMI Music, Harrisongs Ltd, and Sony/ATV Music Publishing, has agreed to present The Beatles music in an interactive video game format. The Beatles: Rock Band will be published by MTV Games and developed by Harmonix, the world's premier music video game company and creators of the best-selling Rock Band franchise. In addition, Giles Martin, co-producer of The Beatles innovative LOVE album project, is providing his expertise and serving as Music Producer for this groundbreaking Beatles project.
The Beatles: Rock Band downloadable content will be available for purchase on the Xbox Live Marketplace, PlayStation Network and via the in-game The Beatles: Rock Band Music Store for Wii using Wii points purchased through the Wii Shop Channel.
Beginning at launch, Xbox 360 will give Beatles fans, rockers and gamers alike the chance to download an exclusive Beatles track to benefit Doctors Without Borders, receive an exclusive Beatles t-shirt for their Avatar and test their Beatles knowledge with a unique “1 vs 100” experience – only on Xbox 360 and Xbox LIVE.
“All You Need Is Love” will be released exclusively on Xbox360 as a downloadable song for “The Beatles: Rock Band” through Xbox LIVE on September 9, 2009 with Apple Corps Ltd, MTV Games, Harmonix and Microsoft proceeds benefitting Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF). Sir Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr, along with Yoko Ono Lennon and Olivia Harrison personally selected the international emergency medical humanitarian organization created by doctors and journalists in France in 1971 as the beneficiary of the proceeds. The track will be available for 160 Microsoft Points.
As if that wasn’t enough, you’ll also be able to fill even more of your entertainment time with music videos, documentaries and movies inspired by the Fab Four on Xbox LIVE. From classic tunes from band members to the best of the Mersey’s music from today and the critically acclaimed documentary, “Imagine: John Lennon,” it’s all there for you at the touch of a button.
Need more ways to prove your love for The Beatles? Then challenge the depths of your knowledge of The Beatles in a unique “1 vs 100 LIVE” episode. Coming on August 29, as an Xbox LIVE Gold member, you’ll get the chance to not only chat live with some of the creative minds behind ”The Beatles: Rock Band,” but also call in to test your knowledge of the band and their music and even win some Microsoft Points for your efforts. Immediately following, fans who can’t get enough can continue the fun with two back-to-back “1 vs 100 Extended Play” episodes full of Beatles trivia.
You will also be able to share your Beatles pride on Xbox LIVE with an exclusive Beatles t-shirt for your Avatar, made available with the purchase of the game.
Coming soon, music fans and gamers will also get the chance join the “Fab Four Mystery Tour” – an interactive look at the Beatles and the many twists and turns of their career. The website was created using artwork and animations from the eye-popping intro cinematic for “The Beatles: Rock Band” created by Passion Pictures, that debuted at E3 this year.
Finally, if you are unable to wait till the September 9 launch to strike up your band, then you need to get along to the The Beatles LOVE, Cirque du Soleil show at The Mirage in Las Vegas. Here you have the chance to play the game on the Xbox 360 and pick up the guitars, drumsticks and mics to take on your favorite Beatles songs in a unique Xbox 360 Beatles experience before it hits stores.
- Singles :
- I Want To Hold Your Hand
- I Feel Fine
- Day Tripper
- Paperback Writer
- Don't Let Me Down
- Please Please Me (1963) :
- I Saw Her Standing There
- Do You Want To Know A Secret
- Twist and Shout
- With the Beatles (1963) :
- With the Beatles (1963)
- I Wanna Be Your Man
- A Hard Day's Night (1964) :
- A Hard Day's Night
- Can't Buy Me Love
- Beatles For Sale (1964) :
- Eight Days a Week
- Help! (1965) :
- Ticket To Ride
- Rubber Soul (1965) :
- Drive My Car
- I'm Looking Through You
- If I Needed Someone
- Revolver (1966) :
- Yellow Submarine
- And Your Bird Can Sing
- Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (1967) :
- Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band/With a Little Help From My Friends
- Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
- Getting Better
- Good Morning Good Morning
- Magical Mystery Tour (1967) :
- I Am The Walrus
- I Am The Walrus
- The Beatles (White Album) (1968) :
- Dear Prudence
- Back In the U.S.S.R.
- While My Guitar Gently Weeps
- Helter Skelter
- Yellow Submarine (1969) :
- Yellow Submarine (1969)
- Hey Bulldog
- Abbey Road (1969) :
- Come Together
- Octopus's Garden
- I Want You (She's So Heavy)
- Here Comes the Sun
- Let It Be (1970) :
- Dig a Pony
- I Me Mine
- I Got a Feeling
- Get Back
- Love (2006) :
- Within You Without You/ Tomorrow Never Knows
- The Music That Rocked The World – For the first time ever, play along with 45 legendary Beatles songs on the game-disc including: "I Saw Her Standing There," "I Want To Hold Your Hand," "I Feel Fine," "Taxman," "Day Tripper," Back In The USSR," "I Am The Walrus," "Octopus's Garden," "Here Comes The Sun," and "Get Back."
- Experiential Journey – Take an interactive journey through the legacy and evolution of The Beatles' legendary career from the renowned venues to the clothing and instruments made famous by The Fab Four.
- Downloadable Songs and Albums - "All You Need Is Love" will be released exclusively as a downloadable song for The Beatles: Rock Band through Xbox LIVE on September 9, 2009 with all Apple Corps Ltd, MTV Games and Microsoft proceeds benefitting Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF). In addition, the entire Abbey Road album will be the first album made available for download purchase.
- Venues – Progress through five seminal venues in which The Beatles performed during their careers including: The Cavern Club, the set of the Ed Sullivan Show, Budokan, Shea Stadium and the rooftop of Apple Records.
- Dreamscapes and Abbey Road – Highlighting the years in Studio Two at Abbey Road Studios where The Beatles revolutionized modern recording and created amazing masterpieces are inspired artistic visual expressions known as Dreamscapes. These imaginative environments capture the essence of The Beatles' genre-busting musical and fashion transformations during their later years.
- Never Before Released In-Studio Audio Chatter – Audio clips featuring conversation from The Beatles' recording sessions, some of which have never before been heard, bookend the game play experience.
- Cut Scenes – Get whisked away through history as a montage of photos, audio and iconic Beatles moments transport you from historical venue to historical venue though the rapidly evolving look and sound of The Fab Four.
- Three-Part Harmony – For the first time ever, master the amazing three-part vocal harmonies perfected by The Beatles.
- Imagine All The People – Play with up to six bandmates… three mics for vocal harmonies, guitar, bass and drums!
- Quickplay – Jump right into the game and experience the fabulous music of The Beatles as all songs will be unlocked in this easy to access mode. Quickplay also features familiar competitive Rock Band modes Tug of War and Score Duel!
- Story Mode – Set out on an experiential progression through The Beatles' legendary career from The Cavern Club to Abbey Road Studios!
- Chapter Challenges – Master all of the songs from a single Chapter in the career of The Beatles with special challenges!
- Training Modes – Go beyond the basics and perfect your sound with training modes that includes Beatle Beats, Vocal Practice mode and more!
- Beatle Beats – Take on the stylings of Ringo Starr with this training mode that lets you practice actual drum beats from a selection of The Beatles catalogue
- Vocal Practice Mode – Train your ear and voice to master three part harmony! Use the guide pitch to help you sing hard to decipher parts perfectly in-tune!
- Special Value Edition for Xbox 360/PS3/Wii ($159/$149)
- includes a Rock Band Guitar, Rock Band Drum Kit, Microphone, USB Hub, Guitar Strap and The Beatles: Rock Band software.
- Limited Edition Premium Bundle for Xbox 360/PS3/Wii: US MSRP $249.99, continental Europe MSRP €199.00, UK MSRP £179.00
- Includes: The Beatles: Rock Band software, Höfner Bass controller: Large scale replica of the Bass famously used by Sir Paul McCartney, Beatles-inspired and Ludwig-branded Rock Band 2 drums with classic pearl finish and vintage replica Beatles kick drum head, Microphone, Microphone Stand, Additional special content
- Rickenbacker 325 Standalone Guitar for Xbox 360/PS3/Wii: US MSRP $99.99, continental Europe MSRP €99.99, UK MSRP £89.99
- Gretsch Duo Jet Standalone Guitar for Xbox 360/PS3/Wii: US MSRP $99.99, continental Europe MSRP €99.99, UK MSRP £89.99
- The Beatles: Rock Band Software for Xbox 360, PS3: US MSRP $59.99, continental Europe MSRP €69.99, UK MSRP £49.99
- The Beatles: Rock Band Software for Wii: US MSRP $59.99, continental Europe MSRP €49.99, UK MSRP £39.99
More articles about The Beatles: Rock Band