Call of Duty: World at War v1.6 Patch Details:
- 3 new Multiplayer maps: Battery (mp_drum), Breach (mp_bgate), Revolution (mp_vodka)!
- New Nazi Zombie map: Der Riese (nazi_zombie_factory), an all-new Zombie map set in a secret Nazi research facility featuring the Pack A Punch Machine, Teleporters, and many more undead hordes!
- Exploits pertaining to Demo playback.
- Favorites list now ignores filter settings.
- Fixed S&D round counting error when roundlimit is reached.
- New feature: in-game Add to Favorites.
- Friends list: green online indicator.
- Starting the game in Safe Mode will no longer toggle the “Soften Smoke Edges” graphic option.
- Fixed various crashes.
- Mods: Client will no longer join a modded Co-op server via Game Invite unless they have that mod loaded.
- Mods: Client running a mod will be asked to unload the mod if they attempt to join an unmodded server.
- Mods: All singleplayer levels can now be run with a mod loaded.
Call of Duty: World at War completely changes the rules of engagement by redefining WWII gaming and thrusting players into the final tension-filled, unforgiving battles against a new ferocious enemy in the most dangerous and suspenseful action ever seen. Treyarch will be taking Call of Duty players deep into the South Pacific and European theaters, a gritty fight that will pit players against enemies that know no surrender and show no mercy.
Powered by Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare technology, Call of Duty: World at War brings an uncensored edge to combat, as soldiers face the most harrowing and climactic European and Pacific battles in which an enemy, who knows no surrender and no retreat, will fight to the last breath, unleashing an arsenal of lethal surprising tactics. Peril and danger lurk throughout the battlefield as players combat the unknown risk of the new chaos of battle.
Call of Duty: World at War introduces co-operative play, bringing fresh meaning to the "No One Fights Alone" mantra with up to four-players online for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC, or two-player local split-screen on consoles. Nintendo Wii will also support a unique co-op mode for two players. For the first time ever players will experience harrowing single-player missions together for greater camaraderie and tactical execution. The co-op campaign allows players to rank up and unlock perks in competitive multiplayer by completing challenges and earning experience points, adding continuous re-playability and team-based gameplay. Whether playing competitively or cooperatively – if players are online with Call of Duty: World at War – they will always gain experience points. Based on a player’s experience rank and rank of the player’s friends, Call of Duty: World at War will scale dynamically to provide a deeper level of challenge.
Call of Duty: World at War Map Pack 3 is scheduled for release on Aug. 6, 2009.
Call of Duty: World at War, rated M for Mature, is currently available worldwide on PS3, X360, and PC.
More articles about Call of Duty: World at War