In the not-so-distant future, a huge swarm of Nuclearite clouds passing through our solar system shatters the Earth's moon. Lunar fragments mingled with the radioactive Nuclearites and showered Earth with debris, catapulting the World into the greatest cataclysm in history. In this post-apocalyptic world human beings have mutated and divided into Sapiens, Alternatives and Hybrids. The Sapiens and Alternatives both battle for control of the Earth's resources as the Hybrids, a mysterious third race, fight for their very survival. Do you have what it takes to obliterate and dominate the competition? Choose your side, create your character, grab a weapon and get the enemy in your cross-hairs in Huxley!
“In anticipation of Huxley: The Dystopia, the excited rumblings from our community are a loud roar,” said Philip Yun, CEO, NHN USA, Inc. “This unique MMO and FPS hybrid has long captivated the interest of hardcore gamers everywhere, and players want to jump in and see how the fused genres play out. We are anxious to answer those calls for full-length, quality free-to-play titles online. Apologize to your consoles now – with Huxley you’re going to be playing on the PC for quite a while.”
This CBT opens up the full game client to fervent Huxley fans, showcasing a sci-fi world of outlandish characters and frenetic gameplay. Players accepted into the CBT can combat in deadly skirmish battles and adrenaline-rushing missions. Huxley: The Dystopia envelops players in a high-stakes challenge, where opponents are exceptionally savvy and the player versus environment (PvE) threatens gamers’ every move. Complete cities, rebuilt after barely surviving the near demise of civilization, now emerge in this beta, along with countless numbers of missions, weapons, armor, special items and even crafting.
- Huxley delivers the excitement and rich gameplay experience of an MMORPG while combining the knuckle-whitening action of an FPS. Players can communicate with each other in a virtual online city, and participate in side battles with the intuitive PvP (player vs. player) system. Everything a character does in the Huxley world directly affects the success of not only the individual, but also of their race and party; from battles to behaviors, all interactions are linked to the survival of a character's entire race.
- Huxley goes past traditional death match FPS gameplay by challenging players to adapt to new forms of combat to protect the interests of the camp. Servers will be solely dedicated to accommodate millions of users engaged in fast paced, large-scale combat. Players will require strategy and cooperation to achieve victory. Extensive multiplayer battle modes are available each with a variety of unique fighting techniques and special characteristics.
- Huxley has advanced A.I. that rivals other online games. Enemies in Huxley demonstrate remarkable intelligence, which can be used to a player's advantage or demise. Quests in Huxley will take players on paths of intrigue to uncover conspiracies resulting in confrontations. Each quest is continually updated so players feel as though they are enjoying a new story mode every time they play.
- The characters in Huxley are continuously growing, which is rare in FPS games. Players are able to enhance their own combat styles by obtaining out-of-this-world weapons and new skills, which in turn continuously challenges players to adopt different gameplay styles as they progress.
- Huxley's gaming action takes form as intense online first person combat mixes with powerful, strategic, PvP elements and high-tech weaponry for adrenaline-pumping extreme gameplay in stunning battle areas.
- The complete console FPS experience, Huxley offers compelling offline gameplay that includes single player campaign missions, sub-missions and practice matches as well as massively multiplayer online play.
- Players will cross over into the online world where they can take on other console and even PC gamers in massively multiplayer battles.
Developed by Webzen, Huxley will be released by NHN USA for the PC and be available to play on the publisher's gaming portal ijji.com in 2009.
More articles about Huxley: The Dystopia