From the mind of Tim Schafer and Double Fine Productions comes Brütal Legend , a 3rd person Action game rich in combat, imagery and storytelling that delivers lighter-flicking fun sure to melt your face clean off.
Brütal Legend tells the tale Eddie Riggs, the ultimate roadie. The "roadie's roadie", Eddie is the 1st person anyone calls when they need guitars tuned or stages rigged. With a love for hot rods and a photographic memory for every Heavy Metal album cover, and the lyrics those albums contained, committed to memory, Eddie has always felt out of place, like he should have been born earlier, when the music was real.
One night a stage accident knocks Eddie unconscious. With his blood dripping into the belt buckle he wears, a gift from his father, his blood quenches an ancient thirst that sucks him into a world that looks very strange yet oddly familiar, a world where every Heavy Metal album cover and lyric Eddie knows has come to life, a world where the evil emperor Doviculus and his demon army, The Tainted Coil, have enslaved the last remaining humans.
Led by Lars Halford alongside his sister Lita and the mysterious Ophelia, the human resistance is far from helpless. However, what they lack is someone to bring them all together; someone who can organize them and lead them into battle, what they need is a roadie. Under Eddie's command, this barbaric force of hot-rods, Marshall stacks, leather, and chrome will bring this ancient world into the age of Metal.
Four-versus-four "skirmish" multiplayer marries action combat with a strategic unit-control mechanic. As the leader of one of the factions in the game, direct your armies in a Battle of the Bands where the trophy is survival, and even take your battle online over Xbox Live.
This fall, two of the most popular bands in metal will co-headline a 34-city North American tour as the Grammy® Award-winning Mastodon hits the road with Dethklok, the world’s most brutal animated death metal band from Adult Swim’s Metalocalypse. In one of the most highly-anticipated tours of the year, the Adult Swim Presents Dethklok and Mastodon tour will kick off on October 2 in Portland, Ore. and bring mayhem and destruction to local venues throughout the nation. Adding even more layers to this fall’s top metal tour, Oakland’s High On Fire and Converge will open each show. There will be a ticket pre-sale that begins on Tuesday, August 4 at 10:00 AM EST, while the full allotment of tickets will go on sale to the general public starting Friday, August 7. For more information about the tour including the pre-sale ticket password, price ranges and how to order, please visit www.adultswimpresents.com.
As sponsor for the entire tour, Adult Swim will feature ”Brütal Legend” gaming stations for fans to experience the videogame first-hand, while a two-minute animated content piece, created by Titmouse, will air during each show. Print ads, AdultSwim.com and on-site materials will also feature the videogame as the tour’s key sponsor. “Brütal Legend” is an epic action game from visionary developer Tim Schafer. Jack Black stars as Eddie Riggs, a legendary roadie summoned to a world of Heavy Metal where mountains are made of amplifiers, killer spiders spin guitar strings and Rock Legends roam the landscape. As Eddie, crush skulls with a battle axe, ravage the road in a super-charged Hot Rod and unleash the power of Rock to reign down fire from the sky – all to save humanity and become a Brütal Legend.
Nathan Explosion, William Murderface, Skwisgaar Swigelf, Toki Wartooth and Pickles – better known as Dethklok – will take to the road in support of the band’s latest CD release from Williams Street Records, Dethklok: The Dethalbum II, which will be released as both a standard and deluxe edition on September 29 from Williams Street Records. A limited-edition vinyl of the album will also be released at local record shops starting November 24. Bringing the animated band to life on stage each night will be series co-creator and composer Brendon Small along with an all-star band including the legendary Gene Hoglan, Bryan Beller and Mike Keneally. These real life-musicians will perform live while dark-lit and playing underneath a giant projection screen featuring all-new animation and music videos from Dethklok to create a truly unique concert experience.
Sharing the bill with Dethklok on this seven-week tour is Grammy Award-winning hard icons Mastodon, who are currently touring Europe and the UK with Metallica. The band’s groundbreaking new album Crack The Skye was released on March 24, debuting on the Billboard Top 200 Albums chart at #11 to overwhelming international critical praise. Rolling Stone Magazine applauded Mastodon by declaring them as: “The greatest metal band of their generation – no one comes close.”
Universally recognized as one of the most potent acts in music today, High On Fire creates “bad-ass” modern metal that merges primal fury and aggression, skyscraping riff explosions and hesher bombast with a monolithic heaviness. Described as “a supersonic exercise in conquest by volume and sheer heaviness,” High On Fire has burned the hard rock rulebook since its formation in 1998, forging a style and sound that is both unique and absolutely crushing. The group features vocalist and cult guitar hero Matt Pike, a founding member of the famed underground band SLEEP and one of heavy music’s most charismatic figures. Pike was named by Rolling Stone Magazine as one of its “New Guitar Gods.”
Considered one of the most intense, important, and influential metal/hardcore bands ever, Converge will release their anticipated new album Axe To Fall on Epitaph on October 20th. The release is the follow up to their highly-acclaimed No Heroes album, released on Epitaph in 2006. Though Converge has remained tight lipped about all aspects of Axe To Fall, the buzz surrounding the upcoming release already has the rumblings of potential aggressive album of the year.
The tour schedule for Adult Swim Presents Metalocalypse’sDethklok and Mastodon with High On Fire and Converge is as follows:Date Venue City, State 10/2/09 Roseland Theater Portland, OR
10/3/09WaMu Theater Seattle, WA
10/4/09Orpheum Theatre Vancouver, BC
10/6/09Big Four Building Calgary, AB
10/7/09Shaw Conference Centre Edmonton, AB
10/9/09Great Saltair Salt Lake City, UT
10/10/09Fillmore Auditorium Denver, CO
10/12/09Uptown Theater Kansas City, MO
10/13/09The Pageant St. Louis, MO
10/14/09Val Air Ballroom Des Moines, IA
10/16/09Myth St. Paul, MN
10/17/09Aragon Ballroom Chicago, IL
10/18/09Eagle’s Auditorium Milwaukee, WI
10/20/09LC Pavilion Columbus, OH
10/21/09The Fillmore Detroit Detroit, MI
10/23/09Sound Academy Toronto
10/24/09The Fairgrounds Buffalo, NY
10/25/09Armory Albany, NY
10/27/09House of Blues Boston, MA
10/30/09Hammerstein Ballroom New York, NY
10/31/09Patriot Center Washington, DC
11/1/09Electric Factory Philadelphia, PA
11/5/09Tabernacle Atlanta, GA
11/6/09House of Blues Myrtle Beach, SC
11/7/09Hard Rock Live Orlando, FL
11/8/09Pompano Beach Amphitheater Pompano Beach, FL
11/11/09House of Blues Dallas, TX
11/12/09Verizon Wireless Theater Houston, TX
11/13/09Austin City Music Hall Austin, TX
11/14/09Brady Theater Tulsa, OK
11/16/09Pan American Center Las Cruces, NM
11/17/09Mesa Amphitheater Mesa, AZ
11/18/09House of Blues Las Vegas, NV
11/19/09Palladium Los Angeles, CA
*Schedule is subject to change.
"Seeing this lineup makes me jealous for the audience,” said Metalocalypse’s Small. “Both myself and my band that doesn't exist are incredibly excited and honored to be a part of it. Furthermore, I see this tour jump-starting the economy and completely reversing the recession. I've said this a thousand times: There is no recession for metal."
Revealed music tracks :
- Anthrax - "Metal Thrashing Mad"
- Black Sabbath - "Symptom of the Universe"
- Dimmu Borgir - "Progenies Of The Great Apocalypse"
- Motley Crue - "Kickstart My Heart"
- Saxon - "Wheels of Steel"
- Motorhead - "In The Black"
- Motorhead - "We Are The Road Crew"
- Judas Priest - "Leather Rebel"
- Megadeth - "High Speed Dirt"
- Running Wild - "Riding The Storm"
- King Diamond - "Cremation"
- King Diamond - "Welcome Home"
Reserve Brutal Legend and receive a GameStop Exclusive Tenacious D in-game guitar. This amazing piece of badness will feature an entirely new and different suite of effects – not only a unique, sexy body inspired by the members of Tenacious D, but new sound effects, new voice over work from Jack Black and Kyle Gass and a new visual effects suite – trust us, it's going to rule very, very hard. This epic guitar will also be seen by other players in multiplayer, albeit briefly, as you destroy them with this GameStop Exclusive Guitar. Available for online and in-store customers while supplies last.
- Brütal Legend's core gameplay is classic Action. From close quarter blows delivered by The Separator, Eddie's blood soaked broad axe, to ranged combat from your demon-slaying guitar named Clementine, as well as vehicular attacks supplied by your hot rod, The Deuce (aka The Druid Plow), Brütal Legend delivers deep, rewarding, fun combat that will have you throwing your "devil horns" in the air.
- Inspired by some of the most iconic album art and lyrics of all-time, Brütal Legend features a streaming, open world rich with detail, from mountains made of guitar amps to big block V8 engines rising from the ground, delivering a world truly unique and unlike anything you've seen before.
- Lead by Jack Black as the voice of Eddie Riggs, the epic cast of Brütal Legend features vocal talent providing by some of Metal's biggest names, including Rob Halford of Judas Priest, Lemmy Kilmister of Motörhead, Lita Ford and more.
- Take the Metal madness online in Brütal Legend's Multiplayer mode that combines action combat with a strategic unit-control mechanic that allows the player to direct their army in The Battle of the Bands, where the ultimate trophy is survival
- Gain "Lighter Tributes" throughout the world and visit The Motorforge, where you can upgrade The Separator, Clementine and The Deuce to make them even more lethal on the battlefields
- Known for creating a level depth and humor in his characters, Tim Schafer is consistently recognized as one of the gaming industry's premier designers and has written such classics as Full Throttle, Grim Fandango and PsychoNauts.
- Brütal Legend will feature a fully licensed soundtrack that includes some of the greatest Metal and Rock and Roll songs ever assembled.
More articles about Brütal Legend