With an extensive range of features Runes of Magic prepares to redefine the standard of free to play massively online role playing games. Runes of Magic conveys an absorbing story through more than 1.000 quests embedded in an atmospheric fantasy world. Players can choose between six main classes and combined with a secondary class they present 30 individual combinations of character classes over all. All characters possess unique skills with impressive combo attacks and can use mounts like war horses and more. A particularly attractive feature for guilds and players is the possibility to arrange their own virtual homes with individual furnishing. Thanks to an extensive crafting and reputation system, thrilling PvP, as well as demanding dungeons and boss-monsters, no wishes remain unsatisfied. The Taiwanese developer Runewaker has developed Runes of Magic according to western MMO standards within a time frame of three years. The studio will provide new challenges for players every four to five months with free add-ons and updates.
In celebration of opening the newest PVP server for Runes of Magic, called Indigo, Frogster is launching a unique new contest. This contest will happen in two phases: the first phase is a test of might, strategy, and for some, teamwork to determine who can reach the 50/50 dual class level cap in the shortest time played.
Measuring in this way allows players to join at practically any moment during the competition period and pit their best times against one another. The first phase begins *now* and will remain open until 12:01 AM, August 31st. In the coming weeks, a leaderboard will be establish, tracking the top 15 players with updates every few days, continuing through the end of phase one. Shortly after the close of the first phase the top 10 finalists will be announced and phase two of the competition will begin.
What is phase two, you might ask? All will be revealed in time, but Frogster is planning to announce further details about the second phase of the contest August 22nd, so check the news and in-game announcement frequently for additional updates.
What can be revealed is that the 10 finalist will be competing for a top of the line Alienware gaming laptop.
Everyone on the Indigo server is automatically entered into the competition and top players will be tracked and announced throughout the competition period.
In the upcoming 'Chapter II – The Elven Prophecy', the name giving elven will find their way into the game world Taborea. A widely branching background story entwines about the fairylike race with many new challenges that are going to be told in lots of new quests and new quest lines. Thus, 'Chapter II – The Elven Prophecy' will lead players into new game regions characterized by elven lore like an elven island at the shore of Ravenfell.
- Free2play: no monthly fees, free download
- Extensive dual class system (six primary and secondary classes)
- Versatile spell- and attack-combinations
- Enthralling background story
- More than 1.600 quests and quest series on launch
- No zone boundaries thanks to seamless architecture
- Dungeons: Instanced and tile based as well as persistent
- Individually developable skills and spells
- Armour sets with special bonuses
- Dynamic item system with hundreds of runes for upgrading
- Optional PvP system with arena battles and guild wars
- Ranking system with player-ranking lists
- Multitude of unique mounts
- Epic crafting system with the chance to improve existing items
- Personalization of player houses through individual furnishing
- Reputation system
- Customisable user interface with the option to use Add-Ons
- Map and radar system to find dealers, resources and quests easily
- In-game auction houses for trading items
- Teleport-Runes for instant travel
- Mouse and keyboard controls for movement
- Regular updates with new content
- Cross-server fights in three-server-battle in development
- Guild houses in special zones in development
Runes of Magic is free-to-play MMO, currently available worldwide.
More articles about Runes of Magic