- Fixed bug causing AI to buy units and immediately starve
- Failing to init DirectX now displays a message suggesting possible fixes
- Fixed various spelling mistakes
- Fixed many issues which only occur if playing a second, third, etc game
- Fixed bug causing crash dialog to flicker on when quit button is clicked
- Fixed bug where rebel mobs could be removed if they exist in a one-tile territory
- Added option to include email address for contact to error dialog
- When playing through the lobby system, player names are now auto-entered
- Player names are now displayed on the stats panel in game
- Player name is now remembered between games
- Game will now check for newer versions and inform if one is available
- Fixed bug allowing players to rename each other
- Fixed bug allowing players other than the host to add/remove AI
- Fixed bug where AI attempted to build towns on 1-tile territories
- Fixed bug in saving/loading which caused a lot of territory numbering bugs
- Various minor AI tweaks and improvements
- Fixed bug where typing in non-masked text box caused a crash
- Reduced video memory usage to prevent out of video memory errors
- Added multiplayer lobby to make it easier to get a game online
- Fixed bugs causing the game to continue running in the background after being closed
- Failing to join a multiplayer game no longer crashes the game
- AI now attempts to protect units which are objectives
- Added tooltips to indicate why buildings are not available when advanced mode is off
- Fixed bug where F1 caused crashes in skirmish games
- Improved error reporting for DirectX crashes
- Fixed bug where a player losing connection could freeze the game for all players
- Fixed various minor bugs which could lead to crashes
- Fixed bug where attempting to set slot 0 (the game host) to open caused a crash
- Fixed bug preventing campaign games from being saved
- Fixed bug causing crash when clicking on a map to load in skirmish setup
- Fixed bug causing crashes when clicking units after loading a saved game
- Fixed bug causing defeat message when a player wins if the turn order has been changed
- Fixed bug preventing saved games from loading if turn order is changed
- Fixed incorrect button tooltips
- Slowed AI moves down so that players get a better idea of what the AI is doing
- Updated side panel colours to more closely match map colours
Conquest! Medieval Realms, developed by Illustrious Software, is a turn-based game where the objective is to conquer up to 7 opposing players (either AI players or other human players) by defeating their armies and capturing their lands - to do this you will need to unite all of your lands, build up a powerful economy, and raise armies to defend the homeland and to take lands from your enemies.
Conquest ! Medieval Realms, will be packed with hours and hours of clever fun-packed, brain-bending strategy gaming.
- Conquest! is a simple game to learn, but you will need strategy, tactics and cunning if you expect to defeat all of your enemies and rule the world.
- Play as the English or the French in the Hundred Years War, or fight the Wars of the Roses.
- Play games with up to 8 human players across a LAN or the internet.
- Try your skill against 5 levels of AI in the campaign or skirmish modes.
- Randomly generated maps give you billions of potential battlefields to fight on.
- Use the included editors to create your own maps and campaigns
The game is expected to release for digital download worldwide in March 2009.
More articles about Conquest! Medieval Realms