The game is set in a modern world. Players will take part in the political, economical and social life of a big city. They will run businesses, engage in commerce, and suffer the consequences of confrontations with criminal groups and shadowy law enforcement figures. Powerful AI will support the constantly changing atmosphere of the streets and enable players to feel the live pulse of the Megapolis.
CrimeCraft, a massively multiplayer third-person shooter, role-playing game is a unique forerunner into a genre dominated by fantasy and sci-fi themes as it transports gamers into a lawless city filled with gangs, crime and street-style justice.
Consumers who purchase CrimeCraft at Best Buy will receive two months of free play time and a number of exclusive in-game items, including two in-game t-shirts from acclaimed real-world fashion labels and a combat backpack for their avatar. Gamers will also receive a virtual Best Buy discount card that allows them to purchase in-game items at a reduced cost.
As part of an exclusive package for major retailer Best Buy, players purchasing the game in store or online will unlock an Ecko Unltd. t-shirt for their in-game avatar. Those that pre-order through Best Buy will additionally receive a pair of virtual *ecko sneakers for their in-game characters. A variety of Ecko Unltd. apparel will also be available to all players in CrimeCraft, regardless of purchase location, including hoodies, jeans and additional t-shirts.
Bringing RPG elements to shooters is nothing new, but bringing looting, crafting, auction houses as well as an entire player driven economy sets CrimeCraftmiles ahead of the competition.
A variety of in-game vendors exist in Sunrise City, selling everything from hats and shoes to guns and ammo, but that does not mean you can not go into business yourself.
By competing against other players in PvP battles or by playing with them in a co-op PvE mode, players gather items that can be sold, crafted or used to upgrade their arsenals, clothing and boosts. Players can specialize in four crafting professions: Tailoring, Chemist, Gunsmith and Engineer. Each discipline has its own special impact on any gang member and their gear.
Players can buy, sell and trade crafted items through a variety of avenues: directly to other players (peddling boosts on street corners, for example), through NPC vendors for cash, cash on delivery via the in-game mail system or through the Pawnbroker (the Sunrise City version of an auction house).
All versions of CrimeCraft will include two months of premium subscription time and a stipend of gold bars that can be used for in-game micro-transactions to outfit your character in the latest fashion. After the included two month subscription time has expired, there will be a low monthly fee of $9.99 that provides continued access to the game as well as a monthly allotment of gold bars. In addition to providing a persistent world with a secure and developer-managed gaming environment, CrimeCraft will continue to evolve and grow after launch with an aggressive addition of content including: new weapons, combat areas, skills, gameplay types and monthly contests for significant real world and virtual prizes.
Key Features :
- Crime – Perform various “tasks” and “jobs” for money and experience which can be used to help you gain a reputation, learn new trade skills and perform new abilities in battle.
- Craft - Use the loot gained from battle to create your own weapons, clothing and performance boosts.
- Unreal Technology - Explore the vast world of Sunrise City beautifully rendered by the powerful Unreal Engine 3.
- Intense TPS Action – Battle other players or AI enemies with a wide range of weapons, explosives, abilities, and enhancements at your disposal.
- Deep RPG Gameplay – Over 40 skills to specialize in as your character progresses over 50 levels of advancement.
- Personalize - Amazing depth in the variety of clothes, weapons, items, and skills available to distinguish your character and your crew from the masses playing online.
- Team Up - Form virtual gangs to build a reputation, assign rankings, pool money and goods, and buy gang hideouts.
- Underground Economy - Control the quality and cost of manufactured items that you create, modify, or repair. Then sell, trade, or auction them to other players on the open black market.
Gamers can begin pre-ordering CrimeCraft in stores on June 7 or online beginning May 31.
More articles about CrimeCraft