The storied football franchise ushers in a new era with advancements that bring the NFL fan everything they see on Sundays, minus the grass stains.
On-field authenticity and emotion is taken to another level in Madden NFL 10. With more control over the outcome of the play than ever before, players can drag defenders towards the first down marker, fight for a fumble at the bottom of the pile, and avoid the rush by stepping up into the pocket. Utilizing an all-new animation technology, Madden NFL 10 ensures that the Fight For Every Yard doesn’t end until the whistle blows.
After missing nearly the entire 2008 season due to an injured left knee, Tom Brady led the New England Patriots to the best overall record (14-2) as he compiled over 4,500 yards and threw for 47 touchdowns – also being named the season MVP and Offensive Player of the Year.
The rest of the AFC played out similar to last season, as the Pittsburgh Steelers, Tennessee Titans and San Diego Chargers won their divisions, while the Indianapolis Colts and Baltimore Ravens secured the AFC Wild Card spots. The biggest surprise was the performance of New York Jets rookie quarterback, Mark Sanchez, who took home the Offensive Rookie of the Year award. It was not enough, however, as the Jets once again failed to make the playoffs.
In the NFC, the Philadelphia Eagles returned to prominence, winning the toughest division (NFC East), thanks to a 12-4 record. Andy Reid was awarded Coach of the Year. The Arizona Cardinals and Atlanta Falcons prove that last year wasn’t a fluke as they took home their division crowns. The Jay Cutler-led Chicago Bears will also rebound in a big way, taking the NFC North division. The New York Giants and Carolina Panthers grabbed the NFC Wild Card spots.
NFL 2009 Season Awards (as simulated by Madden NFL 10):
- NFL MVP – Tom Brady, New England Patriots
- Offensive Player of the Year – Tom Brady, New England Patriots
- Defensive Player of the Year – Patrick Willis, San Francisco 49ers
- Offensive Rookie of the Year – Mark Sanchez, New York Jets
- Defensive Rookie of the Year – Brian Orakpo, Washington Redskins
- Coach of the Year – Andy Reid, Philadelphia Eagles.
NFL 2009 All-Pro Team:
- Quarterback – Tom Brady, New England Patriots
- Running Back
- Michael Turner, Atlanta Falcons
- Brandon Jacobs, New York Giants
- Wide Receiver
- Randy Moss, New England Patriots
- Andre Johnson, Houston Texans
- Tight End – Jason Witten, Dallas Cowboys
- Offensive Line
- Matt Light, New England Patriots
- Shawn Andrews, Philadelphia Eagles
- Chris Snee, New York Giants
- Logan Mankins, New England Patriots
- Michael Roos, Tennessee Titans
- Defensive Line
- Trevor Pryce, Baltimore Ravens
- Haloti Ngata, Baltimore Ravens
- Kris Jenkins, New York Jets
- Osi Umenyiora, New York Giants
- Patrick Willis, San Francisco 49ers
- Channing Crowder, Miami Dolphins
- James Farrior, Pittsburgh Steelers
- Defense Back
- Brandon Meriweather, New England Patriots
- Nnamdi Asomugha, Oakland Raiders
- Ed Reed, Baltimore Ravens
- Donte Whitner, Buffalo Bills
- Kicker – Josh Scobee, Jacksonville Jaguars
- Punter – Brad Maynard, Chicago Bears
- Kick Returner – Devin Hester, Chicago Bears
- Punt Returner – Josh Cribbs, Cleveland Browns
Madden NFL 10 on the Wii introduces a unique, genre-defining art style that will raise the bar for sports games on the console. Completely redesigned and built from the ground up, Madden NFL 10 epitomizes what fun looks like on the Wii and will deliver a social, dynamic experience for the entire living room.
This year, Madden NFL 10 arrives on the Wii with breath-taking visuals that will captivate both seasoned veterans and new comers to the franchise. Completely redesigned and built from the ground up, Madden NFL 10 introduces a unique art style that will define the look of sports games on the Wii. All-new player models embody characteristics of your favorite athletes, plus new larger-than-life stadiums showcase the unique details found at each of the 32 NFL fields.
Madden NFL 10 will kick off the season with the Madden NFL 10 Draft Experience hosted exclusively at maddennfl.easports.com on Saturday, April 25th. The innovative website will feature a live, streaming draft analysis show produced right from Madden headquarters in Orlando, Florida. The show will feature several interactive elements, including live call-ins from NFL athletes, on-site correspondents from New York City, and the chance for Madden fans to phone in with comments and questions. As players are drafted, their official Madden NFL 10 ratings will be released and discussed live. The website will also feature dynamic polls, social networking feeds, photos from the NFL Draft, and live blogs from the Madden NFL 10 player ratings team. The Madden NFL Draft Experience is a fully interactive destination for NFL and Madden fans alike.
The countdown to the Madden NFL 10 cover announcement begins today with the launch of maddennfl.easports.com and the There Can Only Be One campaign. Each week, check back to the Madden NFL 10 website as candidates that capture the essence of Fight for Every Yard are introduced. See who is in the running for the most coveted cover in sports video games, leading up to the Madden NFL 10 cover unveil on Friday, April 24th.
Madden NFL 10, not yet rated, will be available on the X360, PS2, PS3, Wii, and PSP, currently scheduled for release on August 14, 2009.
More articles about Madden NFL 10