Featuring the best variety and biggest rock stars of today combined with classic rock anthems, Guitar Hero 5 is the latest installment of the world's most popular music game. For the first time ever, players can customize the make-up of their band by rocking with any combination of instruments in-game: whether it be two guitars and two drums, or three guitars and a microphone, any combination is possible, allowing players to experience music their own way. Brand new, innovative, easy-to-use gameplay modes like Party Play and RockFest put fun, competition and control at center stage as fans tailor the Guitar Hero experience to match their personal style and interests. For extended hours of entertainment, downloadable content from Guitar Hero World Tour will be compatible with the game and will automatically be updated to include all of the upgrades and enhancements of Guitar Hero 5.
Among the first-time-ever features of Guitar Hero 5 are: Party Play, where players can jump in or drop out of gameplay seamlessly; RockFest, a comprehensive competitive experience available featuring five new head-to-head modes playable online or in your living room; and the ability to play the entire set-list from the first time the game is turned on.
Guitar Hero 5 refines the player experience, enhances the art style and redesigns core features such as GHMusic Studio, making it the most accessible, fun-to-play and authentic experience for seasoned music gamers as well as first-time players. New innovations such as Band Moments, where bands are rewarded for hitting special note streams together and song challenges where gamers are tasked to play through a song a specific way, add a new competitive layer of excitement and accomplishment to the music rhythm genre.
This is a statement regarding Nirvana, Guitar Hero and the likeness of the late Kurt Cobain.
We want people to know that we are dismayed and very disappointed in the way a facsimile of Kurt is used in the Guitar Hero game. The name and likeness of Kurt Cobain are the sole property of his estate - we have no control whatsoever in that area.
While we were aware of Kurt's image being used with two Nirvana songs, we didn't know players have the ability to unlock the character. This feature allows the character to be used with any kind of song the player wants. We urge Activision to do the right thing in "re-locking" Kurt's character so that this won't continue in the future.
It's hard to watch an image of Kurt pantomiming other artists' music alongside cartoon characters. Kurt Cobain wrote songs that hold a lot of meaning to people all over the world. We feel he deserves better.
Krist Novoselic and Dave Grohl
- 3 Doors Down - Kryptonite
- A Perfect Circle - Judith
- AFI - Medicate
- Attack! Attack! UK - "You And Me"
- Arctic Monkeys - Brianstorm
- Band Of Horses - "Cigarettes, Wedding Bands"
- Beastie Boys - "Gratitude"
- Beck - "Gamma Ray"
- Billy Idol - Dancing with Myself
- Billy Squier - "Lonely Is The Night"
- Blink 182 - The Rock Show
- Blur - "Song 2"
- Bob Dylan – All Along The Watchtower
- Bon Jovi - "You Give Love A Bad Name"
- Brand New - Sowing Season (Yeah)
- Bush - Comedown
- Children Of Bodom - "Done With Everything, Die For Nothing"
- Coldplay - "In My Place"
- Darker My Love - "Blue Day"
- Darkest Hour - "Demon(s)"
- David Bowie - "Fame"
- David Bowie / Queen - Under Pressure
- Deep Purple - "Woman From Tokyo ('99 Remix)"
- Dire Straits - Sultans Of Swing
- Duran Duran - Hungry like the Wolf
- Eagles of Death Metal - Wannabe in L.A.
- Elliott Smith - "L.A."
- Elton John - "Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting)"
- Face To Face - "Disconnected"
- Garbage - "Only Happy When It Rains"
- Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc.
- Gov't Mule - Streamline Woman
- Grand Funk Railroad - We're an American Band
- Iggy Pop - "Lust For Life (Live)"
- Iron Maiden - 2 Minutes to Midnight
- Jeff Beck - "Scatterbrain (Live)"
- Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American
- John Mellencamp - "Hurts So Good"
- Johnny Cash – Ring of Fire
- Kaiser Chiefs - "Never Miss A Beat"
- King Crimson - 21st Century Schizoid Man
- Kings of Leon – Sex on Fire
- Kiss - "Shout It Out Loud"
- Love and Rockets - "Mirror People"
- Megadeth - Sweating Bullets
- Mötley Crüe - Looks That Kill
- Muse - Plug In Baby
- My Morning Jacket - "One Big Holiday"
- Nirvana - "Lithium (Live)"
- Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
- No Doubt - Ex-Girlfriend
- Peter Frampton - Do You Feel like We Do? (Live) B
- Public Enemy featuring Zakk Wylde - Bring the Noise 20XX
- Queens Of The Stone Age - "Make It Wit Chu"
- Queen & David Bowie - Under Pressure
- Rammstein – "Du Hast"
- Rush - The Spirit of Radio (Live)
- Rose Hill Drive - "Sneak Out"
- Santana -No One to Depend on (Live)
- Scars on Broadway - They Say
- Screaming Trees - "Nearly Lost You"
- Smashing Pumpkins - Bullet with Butterfly Wings
- Sonic Youth - "Incinerate"
- Spacehog - In the Meantime
- Sublime - "What I Got"
- Sunny Day Real Estate - Seven
- Stevie Wonder - Superstition
- T. Rex - 20th Century Boy
- The Bronx - Six Days a Week
- The Derek Trucks Band - Younk Funk
- The Duke Spirit - Send a Little Love Token
- The Killers - All The Pretty
- The Police - So Lonely
- The Raconteurs - Steady As She Goes
- The Rolling Stones - Sympathy for the Devil
- The Sword - Maiden, Mother & Crone
- The White Stripes - Blue Orchid
- Thin Lizzy - Jailbreak
- Thrice - Deadbolt
- Tom Petty - Runnin' Down a Dream
- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - American Girl
- TV On The Radio - Wolf Like Me
- Vampire Weekend – A-Punk
- Weezer - Why Bother?
- Wild Cherry - Play that Funky Music
- Wolfmother - "Back Round"
More articles about Guitar Hero 5