DJ Hero will drop the needle with a completely fresh experience and legendary artists including Black Eyed Peas, 50 Cent, Justice, Marvin Gaye, Beck, Beastie Boys and N.E.R.D. DJ Hero features more than 100 individual songs that have been transformed into more than 80 exclusive, original mixes by superstar DJs including DJ Shadow, DJ Z-Trip and DJ AM. With an innovative, new turntable controller and the hottest music collection of original music, DJ Hero is a unique new social music gaming experience that will excite the millions of dance club music fans who can now play along to hit songs from a range of genres including hip-hop, R&B, pop, rock and electronica allowing them to rule the party with original mixes.
The makers of Guitar Hero introduce a new way to experience your favorite music. With DJ Hero you will be the life of the party as you scratch and mix more than 100 songs into over 90 unique mixes.
Learn basic and advanced DJ Hero techniques, then spin your way through different set lists in beginner, easy, medium, hard, and expert modes. Grab your friends and start your own DJ Hero party.
In DJ Hero, faces in the crowd are transformed into the life of the party as the game’s turntable controller – created exclusively for DJ Hero and featuring familiar DJ tools including a fully-rotating turntable, sample buttons, effects dial and cross fader – immerses fans into the authenticity of DJ culture and a sea of music. By utilizing and mastering various DJ techniques including scratching, blending, cross fading and sampling, while leaving room for creative expression with a variety of effects and player chosen samples and scratches, gamers will rule the party performing music as only a DJ can. Social expression is heightened with euphoric multiplayer gameplay where two DJs can battle competitively or have a player join in to emcee over any track in the game with a mic. Additionally, gamers can rock together as DJ Hero features DJ-guitar exclusive mixes played with a turntable controller and Guitar Hero guitar controller.
“Partnering with Daft Punk is a rare opportunity in any medium and we are extremely honored to have worked with them so closely on integrating into DJ Hero in such a compelling way,” said Tim Riley, Vice President of Music Affairs for Guitar Hero. “This is the first time in a video game that fans will have this kind of direct interaction with Daft Punk while also experiencing never-before-released mixes that feature some of their most popular tracks. It’s amazing working with Daft Punk as they are the quintessential electronic music act known around the world for their unique style and music.”
Daft Punk tracks:
- Daft Punk "Around the World" vs. Young MC "Bust A Move"
- Daft Punk "Da Funk" vs. NASA "Strange Enough ft. Karen O, ODB and Fatlip"
- Daft Punk "Da Funk" vs. Queen "Another One Bites the Dust"
- Daft Punk "Robot Rock" vs. Hashim "Al-Naafiysh (The Soul)"
- Daft Punk "Robot Rock" vs. Queen "We Will Rock You"
- Daft Punk "Short Circuit" vs. Boogie Down Productions "Jack Of Spades"
- Daft Punk "Technologic" vs. Gary Numan "Cars"
- Daft Punk "Television Rules The Nation" vs. No Doubt "Hella Good"
- Common – “Universal Mind Control (UMC)” vs. Masta Ace – “Jeep A** Gutter”
- Eric B. & Rakim – “Eric B. Is President” vs. M.I.A. – “Paper Planes”
- Noisia – “Groundhog” (Beat Juggle)
- The Jackson 5 – “I Want You Back” vs. Gang Starr – “Just to Get a Rep”
- Little Richard – “Tutti Frutti” vs. Shlomo – “Beats”
- Feel Good Inc." (Gorillaz) vs "I Heard It Through the Grapevine" (Marvin Gaye)
- "Jayou" (Jurassic 5) vs "Rockit" (Herbie Hancock)
- "Bustin' Loose" (Chuck Brown) vs "Time of the Season" (The Zombies, DJ Shadow Mix)
- "All Apologies" (Nirvana) vs "Give It to Me Baby" (Rick James, DJ Shadow Mix)
- "Let's Dance" (David Bowie) vs "Jack of Spades" (KRS One, DJ Shadow Mix)
- "Shout" (Tears for Fears) vs "Pjanoo" (Eric Prydz)
- "Rockit" (Herbie Hancock) vs. "Lapdance" (N.E.R.D.)
- "Here Comes My DJ" ( Grandmaster Flash) vs. "Cars" (Gary Numan)
- “Izzo (H.O.V.A.)” (Jay Z) vs. “My Name Is” (Eminem)
- Dizzee Rascal - “Fix Up, Look Sharp’ vs. Justice - “Genesis”
- “Hollaback Girl’ (Gwen Stefani) vs. “Give It To Me” (Rick James)
- “Boom Boom Pow’ (Black Eyed Peas) vs. “Satisfaction” (Benni Benassi)
- “Sabotage” (Beastie Boys ) vs. “Monkey Wrench” (Foo Fighters)
More articles about DJ Hero