Combining the perfect blend of arcade and simulation basketball along with a host of unique mini-games, NBA 10 The Inside delivers an engaging NBA experience with quick action and fluid gameplay. This year’s effort expands on the franchise by offering the most diverse and feature-rich handheld NBA action available.
New this year is the expanded Conquest Mode, with three original features where players will take on the entire country and battle in the classic acquisition style of Conquest while playing Dodgeball, Give & Go, or MiniQuest which allows players to choose from 1 of 4 mini-games. In addition, two new mini-games have been brought into the mix—Open Lanes, a traditional 10 frame bowling game, and Cherry Pickin,’ a puzzle based mini-game with an NBA feel, both of which players can enjoy anytime, anywhere. NBA 10 The Inside also brings back all of the popular mini-games from years past. From the Skee-Ball-like Hot Shot to basketball-themed pinball tables, all are available to provide fast and engaging action that further adds to the stable of traditional and non-traditional basketball gameplay.
Refined gameplay mechanics and Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) also help to create a more realistic and action-oriented experience. And, with expanded play-by-play and audio commentary from Kenny Smith and Ian Eagle, NBA 10 The Inside delivers an unrivaled experience for basketball fans and gamers alike.
NBA 10: The Inside will be the only officially licensed first party basketball game available exclusively for PSP. Entering his fourth professional season, Roy has established himself as one the NBA’s most exciting young stars and a premiere pressure player. The 2008-2009 campaign proved to be a career year for the phenom as he averaged 22.6 points, 4.7 rebounds, and 5.1 assists per game while earning All-NBA Second Team honors and a second consecutive All-Star nod in route to a Trail Blazers playoff berth.
Born in Seattle, WA, Roy played his college basketball in the Pacific Northwest attending the University of Washington. After an All-American career and a Pac-10 Conference Player of the Year award in his senior year, Roy was drafted sixth overall in the 2006 NBA Draft. As a rookie, he quickly made an impact being named T-Mobile NBA Rookie of the Year in a near-unanimous vote. Roy’s coming out party, however, came on November 6, 2008, against the Houston Rockets, when he hit a game-winning 30-foot jumper at the buzzer in overtime, solidifying the silky smooth shooter as one of the league’s clutch performers. As of February 16, 2009, Roy has hit 24 shots where he tied or won the game with 35 seconds or less.
"Brandon Roy has distinguished himself as one of the NBA’s brightest stars and we are thrilled to have him represent NBA 10: The Inside,” said Scott A. Steinberg, Vice President, Product Marketing, SCEA. “With his explosive game and cool demeanor under pressure, Brandon is the ideal ambassador for this title and its unique blend of arcade and simulation basketball.”
- New Quest Modes:
- DodgeQuest – Players will battle teams head-to-head in an attempt to take over the entire country while playing the Dodgeball mini-game. In-game power ups and player upgrades have also been added to the traditional Dodgeball mode for depth.
- Give&GoQuest – Players will face off on the Give & Go mini-game as they battle other cities and acquire players in an attempt to take over the entire country.
- MiniQuest – New Conquest mode lets players take over the entire country and choose from either Dodgeball, Conquest, Elimination, or Give & Go each time two cities battle one another.
- New Mini-Games
- Open Lanes – A traditional 10 frame bowling mini-game with an NBA look and feel.
- Cherry Pickin’ – A puzzle based mini-game where players shoot colored orbs that stick to the game board, which is made of additional colored orbs. The goal is to line up at least three orbs of the same color to remove them from the board. The overall objective is to clear out all orbs on the game board to proceed to the next level.
- Classics – Shootin’ Bricks, Block A Shot, Big Shooter, Pinball and more classic mini-games return in NBA 10 The Inside.
- Expanded Play-by-Play and Color Commentary: Ian Eagle returns to provide new play-by-play and in-depth analysis, along with fresh color commentary from former NBA star Kenny Smith.
- Realistic Animations – Running at 60 FPS, NBA 10 The Inside incorporates tandem animation technologies to produce ultra realistic player interactions. Additionally, motion capture data delivers smooth gameplay and lifelike player movements.
- Wireless Multiplayer Gameplay – Compete head-to-head against friends and basketball fans around the country with Ad Hoc connectivity of up to two PSP systems, or link to a network via a wireless local area network (VLAN) access point for multiplayer action nationwide.
More articles about NBA 10: The Inside