With an extensive range of features Runes of Magic prepares to redefine the standard of free to play massively online role playing games. Runes of Magic conveys an absorbing story through more than 1.000 quests embedded in an atmospheric fantasy world. Players can choose between six main classes and combined with a secondary class they present 30 individual combinations of character classes over all. All characters possess unique skills with impressive combo attacks and can use mounts like war horses and more. A particularly attractive feature for guilds and players is the possibility to arrange their own virtual homes with individual furnishing. Thanks to an extensive crafting and reputation system, thrilling PvP, as well as demanding dungeons and boss-monsters, no wishes remain unsatisfied. The Taiwanese developer Runewaker has developed Runes of Magic according to western MMO standards within a time frame of three years. The studio will provide new challenges for players every four to five months with free add-ons and updates.
In the course of a multi-stage launch Frogster will officially release the final content of Runes of Magic's second chapter on 15 Sept. 2009. Leading up to that date, Berlin-based publisher Frogster will deploy a large content update to the servers. On the same day, a boxed version of ‘Chapter II - The Elven Prophecy’ will also be available in German, French and Spanish retail stores for €9,90 (RRP).
Included in the box are the game client on DVD and several exclusive collector's items: Players will have access to a Manticore pet, to accompany them on their journeys, a printed manual and a poster-sized world map of Taborea. Buyers will also have a time-limited mount at their disposal: a Thunder Wartiger.
To help players during their first steps in the game's world, a starter kit worth more than 10 Euros is also included in the box. The experience potion, for example, will help players level faster for a period of time, a special carpet will enable them to decorate their in-game house, or they can use the materials included in the starter kit to improve their weapons and armor.
In August, Frogster will release the first set of features and content to the live servers and with the box, Frogster will finalize the multi-phase launch of Runes of Magic ‘Chapter II - The Elven Prophecy’.
In the upcoming 'Chapter II – The Elven Prophecy', the name giving elven will find their way into the game world Taborea. A widely branching background story entwines about the fairylike race with many new challenges that are going to be told in lots of new quests and new quest lines. Thus, 'Chapter II – The Elven Prophecy' will lead players into new game regions characterized by elven lore like an elven island at the shore of Ravenfell.
- Free2play: no monthly fees, free download
- Extensive dual class system (six primary and secondary classes)
- Versatile spell- and attack-combinations
- Enthralling background story
- More than 1.600 quests and quest series on launch
- No zone boundaries thanks to seamless architecture
- Dungeons: Instanced and tile based as well as persistent
- Individually developable skills and spells
- Armour sets with special bonuses
- Dynamic item system with hundreds of runes for upgrading
- Optional PvP system with arena battles and guild wars
- Ranking system with player-ranking lists
- Multitude of unique mounts
- Epic crafting system with the chance to improve existing items
- Personalization of player houses through individual furnishing
- Reputation system
- Customisable user interface with the option to use Add-Ons
- Map and radar system to find dealers, resources and quests easily
- In-game auction houses for trading items
- Teleport-Runes for instant travel
- Mouse and keyboard controls for movement
- Regular updates with new content
- Cross-server fights in three-server-battle in development
- Guild houses in special zones in development
Runes of Magic is free-to-play MMO, currently available worldwide.
More articles about Runes of Magic