Killing Floor (PC)
After tearing up the sales charts on Steam for the past couple of months, the Killing Floor boxed version of the game will be on shelves this week. As a special extra the retail version of the game includes 2 bonus playable characters.
With London and the surrounding countryside overrun by failed biological experiments called specimens, it is up to you and 5 of your friends to clear the area of the infestation. Featuring an expansive arsenal of weapons and a built-in perk system that lets you customize and level-up your character you’ll certainly have the firepower to get the job done. Also included in the box is the recently released free “Heavy Metal” Content Pack – the first of many free content packs planned for the game which includes an all new map and new weapons. And with Wave 1 of the “Grindhouse Custom Map Making Competition” just completed and over 50 maps submitted there is no shortage of awesome community created content to play with. The next phase of the contest ends 2nd October and will generate even more stunning new maps for the community, completely for free!
- Cooperative gameplay for up to six players against multiple waves of specimens
- Persistent Perks system, allowing players to convert their in-game achievements into permanent improvements to their character's skills and abilities
- Over 40 Steam® Achievements, including “Dignity for the dead” for killing 10 enemies feeding on dead teammates' corpses and “Hot Cross Fun” for finishing off 25 burning enemies with a Crossbow
- Slow-motion “ZEDtime” to better watch those crucial and violent creature deaths, even in multiplayer
- Solo game mode for offline play
- Nine different monster types trying to eat your face off, armed with everything from teeth and claws, to chainsaws, chain-guns and rocket-launchers
- 15+ weapons for the players to chose from, ranging from knives and fire-axes to pump shotguns, rifles and a flamethrower
- Equip your team with welders, medical tools and body armor to help your odds of survival
- Choose which Perks to play with to best balance out your co-op team against the horrors
- Open, non-linear play areas: choose when and where to fight — or run; weld doors closed to direct the monster horde down alternate corridors
- Fully-configurable, allowing players to change the difficulty level, number of creature waves, or even set up their own favorite waves of monsters
- Support for Steam® Friends and other Steamworks features
- Includes SDK for the creation of new levels and mods
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Commander's Challenge (PS3/X360)
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Commander's Challenge, a new action-packed chapter in the storied Command & Conquer franchise, is available now for download on Xbox LIVE and on September 24th at the PlayStation Store. Players can challenge the world's toughest commanders and conquer the world in a gauntlet of 50 unique challenges for 800 Microsoft Points at the Xbox Live Marketplace and $9.99 at the PlayStation Store. Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Commander's Challenge is a standalone arcade title and does not require Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 to play.
"With more than thirty hours of fun and compelling RTS entertainment, Command and Conquer Red Alert 3Commander's Challenge delivers the ultimate RTS gameplay experience console players have been waiting for," said Wes Eckhart, Producer of Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Commander's Challenge at EA Los Angeles. "Each of the 50 challenges throws players into unique scenarios full of over-the-top twists and challenges. From armies of Japanese school girls and giant Soviet war bears to wrestling legend Ric Flair and more, Commander's Challenge offers fresh and fun gameplay at an unbeatable price."
As players progress through the gauntlet, they will gradually unlock more units, technology and new challenges. Each challenge is equipped with a par time that will challenge even the most competitive and skilled Command & Conquer fans. Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Commander's Challenge will also feature the high-quality live-action cinematics the franchise is known for, including 16-time world heavyweight wrestling champion - "Nature Boy" Ric Flair and others.
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Commander's Challenge is developed at EA Los Angeles and rated 'T' for Teen/16+ by PEGI.