This revamp includes new technical guidelines, a self-certification option, and a set of 22 technical requirements which are designed to:
- Create an easier game installation experience.
- Support both 32-bit and 64-bit Platforms.
- Support Ratings and Parental Controls in Windows 7
- Game titles populated in the Game Explorer.
- Enhanced game update notifications for game titles.
- Stability, security and compatibility against commonly known issues.
The idea is to have more game developers participating with more game titles that pass a standardized set of technical requirements. Games that go through and pass these technical requirements will offer consumers a better gaming experience. Gamers can expect awesome high-quality gaming with Games of Windows titles going forward.
The new requirements for Games for Windows will also allow developers to take advantage of Windows 7 features and compatibility when Windows 7 is released on October 22nd.
You get some of these improvements today with Games for Windows – LIVE titles. When you install the Games for Windows – LIVE 3.0 client on Windows 7, Games for Windows – LIVE is added to Game Providers in Games Explorer.