Vault-Tec engineers have worked around the clock on an interactive reproduction of Wasteland life for you to enjoy from the comfort of your own vault. Included is an expansive world, unique combat, shockingly realistic visuals, tons of player choice, and an incredible cast of dynamic characters. Every minute is a fight for survival against the terrors of the outside world – radiation, Super Mutants, and hostile mutated creatures. From Vault-Tec, America’s First Choice in Post Nuclear Simulation.
Upcoming DLCs on PS3:
- Operation: Anchorage – Enter a military simulation and fight in one of the greatest battles of the Fallout universe - the liberation of Anchorage, Alaska from its Chinese Communist invaders.
- The Pitt – Journey to the industrial raider town called The Pitt, located in the remains of Pittsburgh and choose sides in the battle between the slaves and the slavers.
- Broken Steel – Join the ranks of the Brotherhood of Steel and rid the Capital Wasteland of the Enclave remnants once and for all. Continues the adventure past the main quest and raises the game’s level cap to 30.
- Point Lookout – Explore a massive new swampland area filled with new quests and content.
- Mothership Zeta – The aliens have returned, and they’re pissed. Experience an alien abduction first hand and find out if you’re tough enough to survive.
What will be included:
- More Fallout 3 Goodness – More weapons, more creatures, more armor and outfits, more characters to interact with, and more loot. You’ll find all of these within the unique new locations of Broken Steel, Operation: Anchorage, The Pitt, Point Lookout, and Mothership Zeta.
- DLC Trophies – Did I mention we’re supporting trophies in each DLC? This was a big priority for us and one of the reasons for the extra time needed. In the end, we think it’s worth the effort to bring trophies to the DLC.
- Support for existing characters and saves – Once you’ve downloaded and installed the DLC, the content is accessible at anytime (once you leave Vault 101). You can play the DLC whenever you want — with one exception (see Broken Steel below).
Today Bethesda released an update for the PS3 version of Fallout 3 that addresses a number of issues, includes some optimizations, and adds trophy support for the DLC. The first DLC for PS3, “Broken Steel”, will be available next Thursday, September 24th. That will be followed by the release of “Operation: Anchorage” and “The Pitt” on October 1st, and “Point Lookout” and “Mothership Zeta” on October 8th.
The Fallout 3 Game of the Year edition (Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC) will be available at retail on Tuesday, October 13th. The Game of the Year edition includes the critically-acclaimed game as well as all five downloadable content packs. The Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions will retail for $59.99 and the Games for Windows version will be available for $49.99.
Vault 101 – Jewel of the Wastes. For 200 years, Vault 101 has faithfully served the surviving residents of Washington DC and its environs, now known as the Capital Wasteland. Though the global atomic war of 2077 left the US all but destroyed, the residents of Vault 101 enjoy a life free from the constant stress of the outside world. Giant Insects, Raiders, Slavers, and yes, even Super Mutants are all no match for superior Vault-Tec engineering. Yet one fateful morning, you awake to find that your father has defied the Overseer and left the comfort and security afforded by Vault 101 for reasons unknown. Leaving the only home you’ve ever known, you emerge from the Vault into the harsh Wasteland sun to search for your father, and the truth.
Fallout 3 features one of the most realized game worlds ever created. Set more than 200 years following a nuclear war, you can create any kind of character you want and explore the open wastes of Washington, D.C however you choose. Every minute is a fight for survival as you encounter Super Mutants, Ghouls, Raiders, and other dangers of the Wasteland.
- Take in the sights and sounds of the vast Capital Wasteland! See the great monuments of the United States lying in post-apocalyptic ruin! You make the choices that define you and change the world. Just keep an eye on your Rad Meter!
- Vault-Tec engineers bring you the latest in human ability simulation – the SPECIAL Character System! Utilizing new breakthroughs in points-based ability representation, SPECIAL affords unlimited customization of your character. Also included are dozens of unique skills and perks to choose from, each with a dazzling variety of effects!
- The wizards at Vault-Tec have done it again! No longer constrained to just one view, experience the world from 1st or 3rd person perspective. Customize your view with the touch of a button!
- Feeling like a dastardly villain today, or a Good Samaritan? Pick a side or walk the line, as every situation can be dealt with in many different ways. Talk out your problems in a civilized fashion, or just flash your Plasma Rifle.
- Even the odds in combat with the Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System for your Pip-Boy Model 3000! V.A.T.S. allows you to pause time in combat, target specific body parts on your target, queue up attacks, and let Vault-Tec take out your aggression for you. Rain death and destruction in an all-new cinematic presentation featuring gory dismemberments and spectacular explosions.
- At Vault-Tec, we realize that the key to reviving civilization after a global nuclear war is people. Our best minds pooled their efforts to produce an advanced version of Radiant AI, America’s First Choice in Human Interaction Simulation. Facial expressions, gestures, unique dialog, and lifelike behavior are brought together with stunning results by the latest in Vault-Tec technology.
- Witness the harsh realities of nuclear fallout rendered like never before in modern super-deluxe HD graphics. From the barren Wasteland, to the danger-filled offices and metro tunnels of DC, to the hideous rotten flesh of a mutant’s face.
More articles about Fallout 3