The Beatles: Rock Band marks the first time that Apple Corps, along with EMI Music, Harrisongs Ltd, and Sony/ATV Music Publishing, has agreed to present The Beatles music in an interactive video game format. The Beatles: Rock Band will be published by MTV Games and developed by Harmonix, the world's premier music video game company and creators of the best-selling Rock Band franchise. In addition, Giles Martin, co-producer of The Beatles innovative LOVE album project, is providing his expertise and serving as Music Producer for this groundbreaking Beatles project.
The Beatles: Rock Band downloadable content will be available for purchase on the Xbox Live Marketplace, PlayStation Network and via the in-game The Beatles: Rock Band Music Store for Wii using Wii points purchased through the Wii Shop Channel.
With $17,300 raised from the auction of the first limited edition Xbox 360 console, Doctors Without Borders will be able to purchase the equipment needed to carry out 86,500 immunizations using auto-disposable syringes, or purchase enough emergency kits composed of drugs and medical supplies to meet the basic needs of more than 2,800 people for 15 days in the aftermath of a disaster. Only a small number of these numbered, Beatles-themed Xbox 360 consoles will ever be available to the public with all proceeds to benefit Doctors Without Borders. Information on the release of the remaining limited edition consoles in regions worldwide is coming soon, so keep an eye out.
The love doesn’t stop there. Xbox 360 sales of the exclusive “All You Need Is Love” track broke records as the fastest selling downloadable song in “Rock Band” history within two days of its availability, demonstrating the passion and power of more than 20 million Xbox LIVE members to rally behind this social cause while enjoying The Beatles’ iconic anthem of love and peace. It’s not too late to join hands with the Xbox LIVE community to contribute to Doctors Without Borders – Microsoft, Apple Corps Ltd, MTV Games and Harmonix proceeds from ”All You Need Is Love” sales will continue to benefit the charity, which was personally selected by Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Yoko Ono Lennon and Olivia Harrison.
“We are thrilled over the contributions to us so far from downloads of ‘All You Need Is Love,’ and from the auction of the beautiful, one-of-a-kind Xbox console,” said Dr. Matt Spitzer, president of the board of directors of Doctors Without Borders. “We are incredibly grateful for having been selected as the beneficiary of this promotion. Funds generated from initiatives such as this can go a long way,” he added. “Severely malnourished children will be treated, people displaced by war will receive life-saving medical care, and people living with HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, and other neglected diseases will have access to the medicines they need. On behalf of our patients, Doctors Without Borders says ‘Thank You.’”
As a bonus, continuing through Dec. 9, 2009, players who purchase and download the “All You Need Is Love” track for 160 Microsoft Points for charity will also be registered for the “The Beatles: Rock Band” Download & Win (Open only to legal residents of the 50 US (and DC) 18+. Game ends at 11:59 PM ET on 12-9-09. For full details, including free method of entry, see Official Rules) for a chance to win one of the limited edition “The Beatles: Rock Band” Xbox 360 consoles and a Rickenbacker 325 replica guitar controller. Head on over to the contest website to find out how you can be eligible to be one of five potential Grand Prize winners.
- Singles :
- I Want To Hold Your Hand
- I Feel Fine
- Day Tripper
- Paperback Writer
- Don't Let Me Down
- Please Please Me (1963) :
- I Saw Her Standing There
- Do You Want To Know A Secret
- Twist and Shout
- With the Beatles (1963) :
- I Wanna Be Your Man
- A Hard Day's Night (1964) :
- A Hard Day's Night
- Can't Buy Me Love
- Beatles For Sale (1964) :
- Eight Days a Week
- Help! (1965) :
- Ticket To Ride
- Rubber Soul (1965) :
- Drive My Car
- I'm Looking Through You
- If I Needed Someone
- Revolver (1966) :
- Yellow Submarine
- And Your Bird Can Sing
- Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (1967) :
- Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band/With a Little Help From My Friends
- Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
- Getting Better
- Good Morning Good Morning
- Magical Mystery Tour (1967) :
- I Am The Walrus
- I Am The Walrus
- The Beatles (White Album) (1968) :
- Dear Prudence
- Back In the U.S.S.R.
- While My Guitar Gently Weeps
- Helter Skelter
- Yellow Submarine (1969) :
- Hey Bulldog
- Abbey Road (1969) :
- Come Together
- Octopus's Garden
- I Want You (She's So Heavy)
- Here Comes the Sun
- The End
- Let It Be (1970) :
- Dig a Pony
- I Me Mine
- I Got a Feeling
- Get Back
- Love (2006) :
- Within You Without You/ Tomorrow Never Knows
- The Music That Rocked The World – For the first time ever, play along with 45 legendary Beatles songs on the game-disc including: "I Saw Her Standing There," "I Want To Hold Your Hand," "I Feel Fine," "Taxman," "Day Tripper," Back In The USSR," "I Am The Walrus," "Octopus's Garden," "Here Comes The Sun," and "Get Back."
- Experiential Journey – Take an interactive journey through the legacy and evolution of The Beatles' legendary career from the renowned venues to the clothing and instruments made famous by The Fab Four.
- Downloadable Songs and Albums - "All You Need Is Love" will be released exclusively as a downloadable song for The Beatles: Rock Band through Xbox LIVE on September 9, 2009 with all Apple Corps Ltd, MTV Games and Microsoft proceeds benefitting Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF). In addition, the entire Abbey Road album will be the first album made available for download purchase.
- Venues – Progress through five seminal venues in which The Beatles performed during their careers including: The Cavern Club, the set of the Ed Sullivan Show, Budokan, Shea Stadium and the rooftop of Apple Records.
- Dreamscapes and Abbey Road – Highlighting the years in Studio Two at Abbey Road Studios where The Beatles revolutionized modern recording and created amazing masterpieces are inspired artistic visual expressions known as Dreamscapes. These imaginative environments capture the essence of The Beatles' genre-busting musical and fashion transformations during their later years.
- Never Before Released In-Studio Audio Chatter – Audio clips featuring conversation from The Beatles' recording sessions, some of which have never before been heard, bookend the game play experience.
- Cut Scenes – Get whisked away through history as a montage of photos, audio and iconic Beatles moments transport you from historical venue to historical venue though the rapidly evolving look and sound of The Fab Four.
- Three-Part Harmony – For the first time ever, master the amazing three-part vocal harmonies perfected by The Beatles.
- Imagine All The People – Play with up to six bandmates… three mics for vocal harmonies, guitar, bass and drums!
- Quickplay – Jump right into the game and experience the fabulous music of The Beatles as all songs will be unlocked in this easy to access mode. Quickplay also features familiar competitive Rock Band modes Tug of War and Score Duel!
- Story Mode – Set out on an experiential progression through The Beatles' legendary career from The Cavern Club to Abbey Road Studios!
- Chapter Challenges – Master all of the songs from a single Chapter in the career of The Beatles with special challenges!
- Training Modes – Go beyond the basics and perfect your sound with training modes that includes Beatle Beats, Vocal Practice mode and more!
- Beatle Beats – Take on the stylings of Ringo Starr with this training mode that lets you practice actual drum beats from a selection of The Beatles catalogue
- Vocal Practice Mode – Train your ear and voice to master three part harmony! Use the guide pitch to help you sing hard to decipher parts perfectly in-tune!
- Special Value Edition for Xbox 360/PS3/Wii ($159/$149)
- includes a Rock Band Guitar, Rock Band Drum Kit, Microphone, USB Hub, Guitar Strap and The Beatles: Rock Band software.
- Limited Edition Premium Bundle for Xbox 360/PS3/Wii: US MSRP $249.99, continental Europe MSRP €199.00, UK MSRP £179.00
- Includes: The Beatles: Rock Band software, Höfner Bass controller: Large scale replica of the Bass famously used by Sir Paul McCartney, Beatles-inspired and Ludwig-branded Rock Band 2 drums with classic pearl finish and vintage replica Beatles kick drum head, Microphone, Microphone Stand, Additional special content
- Rickenbacker 325 Standalone Guitar for Xbox 360/PS3/Wii: US MSRP $99.99, continental Europe MSRP €99.99, UK MSRP £89.99
- Gretsch Duo Jet Standalone Guitar for Xbox 360/PS3/Wii: US MSRP $99.99, continental Europe MSRP €99.99, UK MSRP £89.99
- The Beatles: Rock Band Software for Xbox 360, PS3: US MSRP $59.99, continental Europe MSRP €69.99, UK MSRP £49.99
- The Beatles: Rock Band Software for Wii: US MSRP $59.99, continental Europe MSRP €49.99, UK MSRP £39.99
More articles about The Beatles: Rock Band