NHL 2K10 redefines the sports gaming experience with a new emphasis on social gaming. Whether you're a die-hard NHL fan or a casual player, NHL 2K10's pick-up-and-play controls, true-to-life authenticity and variety of on- and off-line multiplayer modes promise hours of entertainment for any gamer.
Wii fans can enjoy a full-featured version of their favorite hockey game, complete with online multiplayer. With a new franchise mode, full online play, gameplay improvements like stumble shots and stick lifts, and Wii-exclusive multiplayer modes, NHL 2K10 is a party like no other. NHL 2K10 is the only licensed NHL game that lets you challenge your friends to a quick pick-up game online and play with your own unique, player-created team. This year, nearly every game mode and feature you can find on NHL 2K10 for the Xbox 360 or the PS3 is also available on the Wii version. In fact, NHL 2K10 for Wii has more game modes than any other console version thanks to the addition of the Wii-exclusive Mii Super Skills Competition.
In this new, Wii-exclusive pick-up-and-play mode, 1-4 players can compete on- or off-line in a series of mini-games based on the NHL All-Star Skills Competition using their own unique Mii avatars.
- Hardest Shot - Compete with your friends to see who can shoot the puck with the highest velocity
- Fastest Skater - Skate around the rink with the quickest lap time possible
- Accuracy Shooting - Hit as many targets as you can with a limited amount of pucks
- Breakaway Challenge - Show off your speed shooting skills as you hustle down the ice to score as many goals as possible
- Goalie Supersave - See who has the quickest reflexes and can make highlight reel saves in the net
Among the new features that will make this the must-have hockey game of the season include:
- New Gameplay Mechanics - Completely rewritten AI, enhanced defensive controls and stick lifts, stumble shots, a new defensive skating model and new incidental contact and small animation systems
- Enhanced Presentation - All-new rink intros for each arena, improved goal celebrations, enhanced visuals, and greatly improved, true-to-life character models, with San Jose Sharks commentators Randy Hahn and Drew Remenda returning with new broadcast commentary
- Improved Franchise Mode - NHL 2K10 features a new contract/free agency system, improved roster management, an updated financial model, dynamic player progression, and fantasy drafts
- New Franchise Co-op Play - Play a franchise season game with or against a friend on- or offline, or play a traditional game against the CPU
- Franchise Blog / 2KSports.com Integration - Publish your franchise stats and standings, and upload game highlights and screenshots to your personal page at 2KSports.com
- Enhanced Online Modes - New seamless online integration connects players in Team Up games, tracks your progress with My Player Card, and offers full league, leaderboard, tournament and 2K Share support
- Create Team Mode - Create a persistent team with friends by designing your uniforms, developing a unique team identity, and then competing against other created teams online, offline and in Franchise mode
Wii Specific Features:
- New Control Scheme - Choose between fun, easy-to-use Wii Remote and Nunchuk controls and Sideways Wii Remote support, or plug in a Wii Classic Controller for three ways to play
- Full Online Modes - For the first time, enjoy full online support for Wii, including multiplayer and multi-console match-ups, downloadable rosters, online leagues, tournaments, leaderboards and Team Up mode featuring persistant created teams and regular Pick-Up Games
- WiiMotion Plus and WiiSpeak Support - Enjoy online voice chat capabilities via WiiSpeak and precise one-to-one control with WiiMotion Plus
More articles about NHL 2K10