"Forza Motorsport 3" unites the racing game genre, making it possible for everyone to experience the thrill of the world’s most exotic and exquisite cars. Live the most realistic racing experience ever as you take the wheel of more than 400 of the most-beloved cars on over 100 renowned real-world tracks and exotic road courses from around the globe. With breathtaking high-definition graphics and the most advanced vehicle performance modeling in a video game, "Forza Motorsport 3" includes a host of driving assists and adjustable skill levels to make the game a gripping pick-up-and-play experience for audiences of all ages and skill levels.
Your escape into the world of car culture in "Forza Motorsport 3" doesn’t stop at the track. Turn 10 is a proven leader in user-generated content creation in games. "Forza Motorsport 3" further fuels the imaginations of its already thriving community of painters, tuners and photographers with improved customization tools and brand-new ways to share creations with the world via Xbox LIVE. Xbox LIVE makes your journey into the "Forza Motorsport" community and the world of user-generated content easy and fun.
V8 Supercar racing is on the rise, quickly becoming a popular spectator sport around the world, in addition to being the fan-favorite race type in Australia and New Zealand. So it's only fitting that Forza Motorsport 3 will feature eight versions of the well-known Holden Commodore and Ford Falcon when the game releases.
Often referred to by fans as a hybrid between NASCAR and the British Touring Car Championships, the 19 teams of the V8 Supercar series run strictly homologated 5.0 liter pushrod V8 engine cars from manufacturers Holden and Ford. In Australia, both the Holden Commodore and Ford Falcon are popular cars, and the drama of the on-track rivalry between Holden and Ford is something unique to pop culture down under. Unlike NASCAR, the V8 Supercar races are held on road courses as opposed to ovals, with drivers battling for position, often with full-contact results.
Here are the eight Australian V8 Supercars in Forza Motorsport 3:
- 2009 / Holden / #2 Toll Holden Racing Team Commodore VE
- 2009 / Holden / #33 Garry Rogers Team Commodore VE
- 2009 / Holden / #39 Supercheap Auto Racing Commodore VE
- 2009 / Holden / #51 Sprint Gas Racing Commodore VE
- 2009 / Ford / #1 Team Vodafone FG Falcon
- 2009 / Ford / #5 Ford Performance Racing FG Falcon
- 2009 / Ford / #9 Stone Brothers Racing FG Falcon
- 2009 / Ford / #25 Britek Motorsport FG Falcon
All cars will feature immaculately rendered interiors and extensively reinforced cockpits to handle any collision or rollover, just like their real life counterparts. You'll be able to experience your favorite V8s to a degree that, until now, was only possible in your dreams.
- Featuring the latest and greatest production offerings as well as the world’s fastest and most exotic street cars, "Forza Motorsport 3" offers more than 400 fully customizable and tunable cars from over 50 of the world’s leading manufacturers. Whether your passion is classic American muscle cars, European roadsters, purpose-built race cars or high-tech Asian imports, "Forza Motorsport 3" puts you in the cockpit of the cars you love.
In addition to the return of world-famous tracks from previous "Forza Motorsport" games, including Suzuka, Nürburgring Nordschleife and the Sebring International Raceway, "Forza Motorsport 3" invites you to conquer the corners on more than 100 tracks, including some of the most beautiful road courses in the world. New environments like the gorgeous mountainous Montserrat region in Spain, the rugged Amalfi Coast in Italy and the American Southwest are presented in such majestic detail that you might find yourself pulling over just to take it all in.
- The appreciation of the automobile in "Forza Motorsport 3" is due in large part to the team’s attention to detail. This is why automotive engineers from manufacturers like Audi and champion race teams like Peugeot as well as experienced computer graphics specialists from across Microsoft Corp. have all teamed up with Turn 10 to make "Forza Motorsport 3" the most beautiful and realistic racing game ever made. All 400-plus cars in the game have been built with more than 10 times the amount of polygons as "Forza Motorsport 2." This includes painstakingly researched cockpits and interiors for every vehicle. But realism isn’t just about pretty graphics. Turn 10 takes realism to new heights, leading the industry with the most advanced physics model, artificial intelligence and damage calculations. Whether it’s the differences in how each car handles through the corners, how the engines sound at top speed or how different tires and upgrades impact your car’s performance, you’ll find yourself leaning into your turns as if you were really behind the wheel of your favorite ride.
- Forza Motorsport 3 redefines the racing genre. Simulation games can be too hard for some players. "Forza Motorsport 3" rises above the distinction between simulation and arcade games. Using a myriad of cutting-edge driving and gameplay assists such as auto-braking, gameplay rewind and auto-tuning, "Forza Motorsport 3" delivers an experience where everyone can have fun behind the wheel, regardless of your skill and dexterity. Whether you’re a newcomer or a seasoned racing game pro, "Forza Motorsport 3" caters to how you drive and evolves with you over time as your skills increase.
- Painters and tuners will once again be able to showcase creativity through the celebrated Livery Editor, Auction House and deep tuning garage in "Forza Motorsport 3." The car is literally the artistic canvas as some of the world’s most creative car painters and designers find new layers of depth and freedom to create shocking visual masterpieces before sharing them with others over Xbox LIVE.* Each car in "Forza Motorsport 3" is fully upgradable, allowing gear heads to take on the challenge of turning a Honda Civic into a supercar killer. New Xbox LIVE Leaderboards celebrate not only the greatest racers but also the most prolific car tuners and painters in the community.
- Forza Motorsport 3 is an epic racing game featuring more content and more ways to play than any racing title today. An innovative single-player season mode puts you through a completely personalized racing calendar that includes more than 200 different events, including Circuit, Oval, Drag, Drift and Timed Events. No two calendars are the same; they react to the cars you love and the races you enjoy most. In addition, the online multiplayer mode* gains an all-new game rules editor. This gives players a never-ending variety of ways to play with friends. Whether you’re a speedster, dragster, drifter, painter, tuner or just a lover of cars, "Forza Motorsport 3" is the definitive racing game for you.
More articles about Forza Motorsport 3