The new controller, equipped with high-precision, highly accurate motion sensors, can deliver a whole new entertainment experience on PS3 when combined together with the PlayStation®Eye camera. Capable of recognizing and tracking a user’s face and voice as well as body motion, PlayStation Eye can also output the player’s image onto the TV screen. SCE will vigorously promote the expansion of this new experience only possible on the PS3 platform.
The newly announced Motion Controller is equipped with two motion sensors, three axes gyroscope and three axes accelerometer that can detect the controller’s angle and movement held in the user’s hand. Together with the PlayStation Eye camera for PS3 which can accurately track the absolute position of the controller, the controller can detect the natural and intuitive movement of the hand and reflect the precise movement on to the game. The sphere placed on the top of the controller is not only used to track the absolute position but can also give visual feedback to users by changing the colors or the illuminating patterns of the sphere. Furthermore, the new controller is also equipped with a rumble feature, familiar to the PlayStation® DUALSHOCK series controller, delivering an immersive gaming experience to users.
Further expanding the new experience on PS3, SCE Worldwide Studios will deliver many exciting software titles for the Motion Controller in 2010. SCE, with strong support from software developers and publishers, will deploy various measures to enhance the software title line-up for the new Motion Controller and vigorously promote the PS3 platform.
- Three axes gyroscope, three axes accelerometer
- Bluetooth 2.0
- Lithium-Ion rechargeable internal battery
Sony Software Titles for Motion Controller:
- Ape Escape (Working Title)
- Echochrome 2 (Working Title)
- Eccentric Slider (Working Title)
- Sing and Draw (Working Title)
- Champions of Time (Working Title)
- Motion Party (Working Title)
- The Shoot (Working Title)
Tower (Working Title)
- PAIN (through network update)
- Flower (through network update)
- Hustle Kings (through network update)
- High Velocity Bowling (through network update)
- EyePet (through network update)
More articles about PlayStation 3