Runes of Magic features a unique dual class system enabling players to combine one of eight primary classes with a secondary class. The result is a deep player experience that expands upon the game’s deep customization offering. There are two different playable races, Elves and Humans, from which players can choose. Each dual class combination produces its own powerful elite skills. Another popular feature is the opportunity to furnish your own completely individual virtual home, and guilds can construct guild castles, which can be expanded with additional buildings. Thanks to comprehensive crafting and reputation systems, gripping PvP features, deep customization and demanding dungeons, Runes of Magic has something for everyone.
Two teams, two fortresses and one goal: To despatch hordes of monsters at your opponent until their fortress is levelled. The best means by which to do this: Towers in different variants and configuration levels. The familiar ‘Tower Defense’ mode found in many strategy titles is now available in Runes of Magic, under the name ‘The Visdun Fortress’.
Upon entering the tower defense mode arena, two teams of three players each have the ability to summon monsters. Alternatively, players can take to the battlefield and defend against the opponent’s hordes in melee combat. But, the most powerful way to defend against the attacks are a variety of five different towers. An Ice Tower slows down monsters on their way to your fortress, a Lightning Tower attacks five targets simultaneously, and an Arrow Tower attacks individual opponents, and in doing so wreaks huge damage.
The abilities of these bulwarks can be upgraded and players can upgrade them up to ten times. The right mix of towers and placement decide whether the player is victorious or defeated. Should a monster break through the defenses and reach your team, you lose hit points. The battle is over when a base’s hit points falls to zero.
Runes of Magic Features
- Dual class system with eight classes and unique elite skills
- Individual furnishing of player housing and guild castles
- In-depth story experienced through above 2,000 quests laced with epic quest-lines
- Gripping Player-versus-Player duels in arenas and on the battlefield
- Easy travel using portal stones and a wide range of rideable animals
- Challenging boss-combat in dangerous and extensive dungeons with up to 36 simultaneous players
- Entertaining mini-games offering variety to the hero’s routine
- Dynamic crafting and customization of items
- Regular comprehensive free updates with new game content
- Free-to-Play: No monthly subscriptions, free to download the game
Runes of Magic is free-to-play MMO, currently available worldwide.
More articles about Runes of Magic