Red Faction: Guerrilla is a 3rd-person, open-world action shooter set on Mars, 50 years after the events of the original Red Faction. Players will take the role of an insurgent fighter with the newly re-established Red Faction movement as they battle for liberation from the oppressive Earth Defense Force. Throughout their fight for freedom, players will carve their own path, wreaking havoc across the vast, open-world environment of Mars, from the desolate mining outpost of Parker to the gleaming EDF capital city of Eos. Utilizing improvised weapons, explosives and re-purposed mining equipment and vehicles, Red Faction: Guerrilla allows players to tear through fully destructible environments in an unforgiving Martian landscape swarming with EDF forces, Red Faction resistance fighters, and the downtrodden settlers caught in the cross-fire. Red Faction: Guerrilla will also feature a robust multiplayer component, including several modes focused on destruction-based gameplay.
Red Faction: Guerrilla re-defines the limits of destruction-based game-play with a huge open-world, fast-paced guerrilla-style combat, and true physics-based destruction.
Available on October 1st, the Smasher Pack contains 8 new maps for our couch multiplayer mode Wrecking Crew, along with a brand new “Behemoth” mode which will allow players to switch out the usual weapons for something a little more intimidating – Walkers. Each of the three main Walkers found in the single-player campaign for Red Faction Guerrilla will now be available for use in “Behemoth” mode, which include:
- Heavy Mining Walker – Slow but powerful, this Walker can take down a building in seconds with a few arm swings.
- Light Mining Walker – With the addition of jump jets, this fast-paced Walker is agile and suited for taking down smaller buildings.
- Combat Walker – Replace speed and power with an explosive rocket arsenal, and you’ve got a Walker that can attack anything near or far.
The Smasher Pack is priced at 400 MS Points on Xbox LIVE or $4.99 via the PlayStation Network.
Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows Vista® for DirectX® 10
- CPU: 3.2 GHz Dual-Core Processor (Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon X2)
- Memory: 2 GB RAM / 15 GB of Hard Drive space
- Video Card: 256 MB 3D Video Card w/Shader Model 3.0 Support (Nvidia GeForce 8800/ATI Radeon HD3850)
Note: If you're going to play Multiplayer on Games For Windows Live, we highly encourage each individual to be running a "Recommended" spec computer or higher.
Minimum System Requirements:
- OS: Windows XP / Vista
- CPU: 2.0 GHz Dual-Core Processor (Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon X2)
- Memory: 1 GB RAM / 15 GB of Hard Drive space
- Video Card: 128 MB 3D Video Card w/Shader Model 3.0 Support (Nvidia GeForce 7600/ATI Radeon X1300)
- Open World Guerrilla Warfare – You decide who, when, where and how to battle. Utilize guerrilla tactics, improvised weaponry, and modified vehicles to lead insurgent attacks on EDF targets.
- Launch attacks based on your own gameplay style, take on missions in any order you choose, or engage in destructive activities to weaken the EDF’s grip on Mars.
- Strategic Destruction – Use destruction to your tactical advantage, setting ambushes or chain reaction explosions to attack enemy strongholds and permanently modify the game environment. Leverage fully-dynamic physics-based destruction to improvise on the fly: blow holes in a wall or floor to set an ambush or escape, take out a staircase to stop your pursuers, or drive vehicles through blown out walls.
- Evolving & Emergent Gameplay – Carve your path through an ever changing landscape as you improvise your combat tactics – mixing gameplay styles, vehicles, weapons and explosives to defeat the EDF.
- Epic Sci-Fi Setting – Explore the huge, unforgiving Martian landscape, from the desolate mining outpost of Parker to the gleaming EDF capital city of Eos; then tear through the fully destructible open-world environments swarming with EDF forces, Red Faction resistance fighters, and the downtrodden settlers caught in the cross-fire.
- Multiplayer Combat – There is no place to hide when you put your guerrilla warfare skills to the test in a variety of highly destructive multiplayer combat modes.
More articles about Red Faction: Guerrilla