NBA 2K10 is expected to deliver the most realistic, stylistic, and feature-rich simulation experience ever available in the NBA 2K franchise – from gameplay to graphics, presentation and online features.
The demo will offer fans an opportunity to relive this past season's exciting NBA Finals and play in a four minute quarter as either the Orlando Magic or Los Angeles Lakers at the stunningly accurate virtual Staples Center in Los Angeles. A demo on PlayStation Network will follow shortly.
NBA 2K10 raises the bar for authenticity this year with groundbreaking new features:
- NBA Today: Real world matchups, news and stats automatically stream right into the game. NBA Today keeps commentary and overlays fresh and up to date based on what is really happening in the NBA.
- My Player: Giving fans what they have long requested, the all-new My Player career mode allows fans to create their own ultimate NBA player and guide his every career move. Players start as an undrafted rookie in the Summer Circuit, and if their skills become advanced enough, they may get an invite to participate in an NBA team's training camp or end up in the NBA Development League. The road to being an NBA star is a long and hard battle, and each player has the opportunity to create their own unique experience making it to the league.
- The Association: The Association strives to be the best franchise mode in sports video games. Full incorporation of the NBA Development League and the ability to control all 30 NBA teams at once, including restricted free agency, real-time practice, an all-new player progression system, and a host of other enhancements gives NBA 2K10 players the tools to rule the court and lead their team to victory.
- Crews: Crews, a new online feature, allows dedicated online players to round up their friends and build the ultimate squad using either created players from My Player or an actual NBA team. Players can go online and battle other Crews for bragging rights and progression points as they try to climb their way to the top of the Crew leaderboard rankings.
- Signature Play: Signature Play pulls together all of NBA 2K's player Signature Styles and adds in all-new Signature Tendencies and facial expressions, creating NBA 2K10 teams that play and react like their real life counterparts for an unbelievably realistic NBA experience. Improved easy-to-use offensive controls for dribbling and post game let players pull off ankle breaking IsoMotionTM moves and dominate from the perimeter to the paint. Gamers can shut down teams like never before with innovative defensive controls that allow you to shadow your opponent's every move, deny position off-ball, and even select different approaches to contest shots.
NBA 2K10: Anniversary Edition will come packaged in a specially designed 2K Sports locker configured for game storage, and include exclusive items featuring 2009 NBA Finals MVP, Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers, along with a special commemorative video looking back on 10 years of the NBA 2K franchise and its past cover athletes.
As part of a limited edition offering of only 30,000 copies, each NBA 2K10: Anniversary Edition will be individually numbered for authenticity. Fans can now preorder their copy online and at local retail outlets across the country. Ten lucky fans will have the rare opportunity to find an autographed Kobe Bryant fine-art print, designed by Shepard Fairey's Studio Number One, which will be hidden and randomly packaged among the different lockers. Gamers with Xbox LIVE online entertainment network and PlayStation Network membership will also be able to enjoy special privileges for NBA 2K10: Anniversary Edition, including exclusive access to an online lobby - the Gold Room - where celebrities and other VIP members will go to play, and only players with the Anniversary Edition will be allowed to enter.
NBA 2K10: Anniversary Edition will include:
- NBA 2K10 video game
- 2K Sports' NBA 2K10 game locker
- 3" Figurine of Kobe Bryant by McFarlane Toys
- 16" x 36" Kobe Bryant poster
- Commemorative NBA 2K 10th anniversary DVD
- Access to the Gold Room, the NBA 2K10 VIP online lobby (accessible only with Xbox Live and PlayStation Network membership)
More articles about NBA 2K10