With no barriers to entry, Battlefield Heroes is EA’s most recent title under the web-based free to download, free to play business model which generates revenue through advertising and in-game item sales.
Battlefield Heroes is easy to pick up and delivers all of the award-winning signature Battlefield sandbox multiplayer gameplay. The game features robust character customisation and a deep ability and mission system where gamers can spend hours building up their characters. Now anyone can be a hero on the battlefield.
Players can now quickly download and easily launch the game from the official website. Before going into battle across four intense maps, gamers can create a number of personalized characters. Battlefield Heroes features a non-traditional third-person camera view so players can admire their one-of-a-kind hero while taking out the enemy. Character customisation items are available for Valor Points (points earned by playing the game) or with Battlefunds (a fictional currency bought with a credit card or PayPal) so players can update or change their hero’s style at any time.
Battlefield Heroes isa new EA title that is offered completely for free (requires internet connection) and with its fun cartoon-style graphics, the game caters to players of all skill levels. It also features a built-in matchmaking system to ensure that each gamer in the 16-player matches are of equal skill and paired together for fair play.
Set against the backdrop of autumn colors, the new map will be infantry-focused and set in a village with dozens of intersecting canals. Intense battles will play out on the bridges and crossings, while sneaky players can use the alleyways and channels to move unnoticed for sudden flanking maneuvers and rear-guard actions.
- A New Map! "Riverside Rush"
- New Items and bundles
- End Of Round Screen now shows your Total HP, VP, BF and XP!
- You will now get Assist Kill credit for kills you were a large part of, but where you didn't do the final damage
- Added a new system for selecting server locales for situations where ping failed. Now you can set your region on the update profile on the website. Should fix lag problems for quite some people
- You now gain titles starting at level 10, your title appears in the nametag and on your profile on the web
- When you receive health or repair a vehicle, the HUD will now tell you how much on the icons themselves
- Vehicle vs. vehicle collision should now feel better
- Removed fire delay when entering a tank
- Tweaked the nametags a bit so they should be more readable and appear in more natural situations
- Piercing Shot no longer allows for critical hits
- Hero Shield is now shared with nearby friends
- Frenzy now returns some health to the wielder
- Keg explosion now slows its victims
Game Bug Fixes:
- Fixed a bug where sometimes vehicles would not spawn properly
- Fixed a black screen issue when you attempted to join a friend or bookmark on a different version
- Fixed a bug where sometimes the vehicles would not explode properly
- Fixes a crash with related to Character Names
- Fixed a bug that caused grenade spam to disappear if you switched too quickly to Burning Bullets
- Fixed a bug where a kill from troop trap gave the wrong message
- Fixed a ton of Text bugs
- Fixed a camera bug that allowed for view inside buildings
- Fixed a bug with Emotes, allowing you to use emotes you were not supposed to
- Fixed a HUD bug, where text would appear in wrong colours
- Fixed a bug that caused you to auto reload, even though you had it turned off
- Fixed a bug where if killed while in parachute, the character would look broken
- Fixed a bug where some key mappings didn’t show up correctly in the Tutorial
- Fixed a bug where you would get stuck if you did not have any weapons equipped
- Removed a “pregame” message in tutorial
- Fixed several Server Crashes
- Fixed a bug where you could type in green
- Fixed a bug where sometimes the in game score and end of round score were displayed incorrectly
- Fixed a bug where score received from flags wasn’t accurate
- Fixed a XP exploit
- Fixed a Visual bug where Combat Medicine would not remove the effects from Burning Bullets
- Fixed a bug with Hero shield , bandage and wrench timer where it kept going even though you had burnt
- through your shield
- Fixed a bug where you could blast strike a friend in e vehicle if he was in a passenger seat
- Fixed a bug where I eats grenades didn’t eat all explosives
- Fixed various bugs with admin/not admin/UAC install
- Will now reinstall game if local version is too old
- Should now handle PunkBuster better
- Added easy links when completing missions and other events that takes you to the relevant screen
- Replaced online/offline icons in the Friends Screen
- Fixed a bug where the use count on Widgets sorted wrong so it wouldn’t show
- Friend menu will now only show status of mutual relationships (you have to accept a friend invite)
- Removed adding a friend through the game menu – this will be managed on the website from now on
Key Features :
- Friends: Add your friends so you can always see when they’re on-line. From your friends list, you’ll be one click away from directly joining them.
- Leaderboards: They’re back! See how you stack up with thousands of other players and fight your way to the top. There’s a whole range of different stats you can look up and compare.
- Groups: Create and join your very own Group, complete with avatar and group banner! Each group also has its very own, unique leaderboard, so you can compete with just your friends.
- Player and Hero search: Find (or stalk) your frenemies with our new search features. Find out what Missions someone is currently on, what Abilities they’re using and loads more.
- Permanent items: ALL appearance items and emotes that can be bought with Battlefunds are now available permanently! Don’t want to “rent” an item? You don’t have to anymore.
- Code redemption: Be on the lookout for special, promotional codes which you can redeem on the Heroes site for Battlefunds or very cool, exclusive items.
- Improved Store: Now easier to use: the BFH Store will show every item once, and by hovering over or clicking on it you’ll be able to see all the different price options, as well as durations that are available for that item.
- Punk, Busted!: Yes, PunkBuster is here! Cheaters and hackers beware!
- Reporting players: Find a misbehaving player by Hero(in-game) name or by their player(web display) name and report them!
More articles about Battlefield Heroes