“Lips” is the only singing game that offers wireless motion-sensitive microphones and the ability to sing from your own music collection of DRM-free songs.* Start channeling your favorite pop star because it’s you, your friends and most important your music that turns “Lips,” the new singing game for Xbox 360, into the world’s ultimate party experience this holiday season.
Keiichi Yano, celebrated developer behind some of the industry’s most beloved rhythm games, brings his vision of collaborative and social musical entertainment to “Lips.” The first and only singing game that offers interactive motion-sensitive microphones to make your party rock all night long, “Lips” encourages players to toss apprehensions out the window and join the party.
It’s time to break free from the cords and perform like a true rock star with music games on the Xbox 360! Activision’s “Guitar Hero Metallica” and MTV’s “Rock Band 2” will be among the first music titles to support the celebrated “Lips” wireless microphones.
Last year, Microsoft created the high quality wireless microphones that set the standard for music game peripherals, and teamed with iNiS to let fans around the world rock out with them on “Lips.” With the latest in motion-sensing technology and built-in LED lights that pulse to the rhythm of your performance, these microphones help Xbox 360 stand out as the home of the best music experiences.
Now these mics will help people jam like never before with other great music games on Xbox 360, first with “Guitar Hero Metallica.” A title update this summer will also activate mic compatibility with “Rock Band 2.” Additional titles that support the “Lips” microphones will available later this year, and only on Xbox 360.
As it becomes cooler outside with fall fast approaching, warm up the party inside with brand new Game Add-on songs for “Lips,” the sensational singing franchise exclusive to Xbox 360. Invite friends over and gather around your Xbox 360 as you let loose to addicting new songs available on Xbox LIVE Marketplace and the “Lips” in-game Get Music Store.
With a huge selection of songs to rival all the falling leaves of autumn, “Lips” has something for everyone as it brings friends together in September. Music connoisseurs will find their “eyes the size of the moon” at Panic! At The Disco’s “Nine In The Afternoon,” relive summer love with The Postal Service’s “Such Great Heights,” and crank it up a notch with Rihanna’s “Shut Up and Drive,” along with other catchy melodies available throughout September for 160 Microsoft Points each:
Available on Sept. 4:
- We Will Become Silhouettes – The Postal Service
- Shut Up and Drive – Rihanna
Available on Sept. 11:
- Everything About You – Ugly Kid Joe
- Such Great Heights – The Postal Service
Available on Sept. 18:
- Sometime Around Midnight – The Airborne Toxic Event
- Nine In The Afternoon – Panic! At The Disco
Available on Sept. 25:
- An Honest Mistake – The Bravery
- You Ain’t Seen Nothing Yet – Bachman Turner Overdrive
- a-ha - “Take on Me”
- Nirvana - “In Bloom”
- Alicia Keys - “No One”
- Peter Bjorn and John - “Young Folks”
- Aly & AJ - “Potential Break Up Song”
- Queen - “Another One Bites the Dust”
- Avril Lavigne - “Complicated”
- R.E.M. - “The One I Love”
- Ben E. King - “Stand by Me”
- Radiohead - “Fake Plastic Trees”
- Beyoncé - “Irreplaceable”
- The Ramones - “I Wanna Be Sedated”
- Blondie - “Call Me”
- Rascal Flatts - “Stand”
- Chris Brown - “With You”
- Rihanna - “Umbrella”
- Coldplay - “Yellow”
- Roxette - “Listen to Your Heart”
- Depeche Mode - “Personal Jesus”
- Sara Bareilles - “Love Song”
- Destiny’s Child - “Survivor”
- Sheryl Crow - “Soak Up the Sun”
- Dido - “White Flag”
- Taylor Swift - “I’m Only Me When I’m With You”
- Duffy - “Mercy”
- The Bangles - “Walk Like an Egyptian”
- Duran Duran - “Hungry Like the Wolf”
- The Fray - “Over My Head (Cable Car)”
- John Denver - “Take Me Home, Country Roads”
- The Jackson 5 - “ABC”
- Johnny Cash - “Ring of Fire”
- The Police - “Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic”
- Leona Lewis - “Bleeding Love”
- The Raveonettes - “Love in a Trashcan”
- Lil’ Mama - “Lip Gloss”
- Trace Adkins - “Ladies Love Country Boys”
- Lupe Fiasco (featuring Matthew Santos) - “Superstar”
- Weezer - “Island in the Sun”
- Maroon 5 - “Makes Me Wonder”
- Young MC - “Bust a Move”
- Party Games. “Lips” has a variety of gameplay modes that will appeal to the gamer in all of us and possibly spark a little competition, while allowing you to experience and interact with your music in fun, new ways:
- Kiss is the epitome of singing and flirting your way to a sweet reward, where duos who hit the notes and gestures together meet in the middle to share a kiss. Are you a match?
- Vocal Fighters appeals to the competitor in all of us by pitting singers in one-on-one competition to win the most fans and boot one another off the stage. It’s a sing-off!
- Time Bomb is a cooperative mode where players work together to perform well and stave off a time bomb. The clock is ticking!
- Music videos. “Lips” has a variety of engaging music videos that enhance the game outside the original videos included with most songs:
- Virtual Music Videos. The more you get into your performance, the better the video. An in-game virtual music video will enhance your performance because the screen will mirror your moves and the characters will lip-sync along with you.
- Custom Music Videos. These unique, quirky videos add a humorous element to your routine and provide a music video for songs that may not have one.
- Freestyle Mode. “Lips” also allows you to use digital rights management-free songs from your own music collection when singing or playing any of the Party Games. Sing along to your music collection and play up your gestures to add to your score, while a virtual music video accompanies your performance. It is as simple as plugging in your compatible MP3 player. Lyrics will not display for songs from your music collection. For a list of compatible music players, visit http://www.xbox.com/lips.
- Play along. In addition to using the two mics as instruments, four of your friends can join in using the standard Xbox 360 Controller and choose from a variety of percussion accompaniment to play along with the music in “Lips.”
- Download new songs. For those who like what they see and crave more, “Lips” will also have a regular flow of downloadable content available for purchase via the Xbox LIVE Marketplace, starting at game launch. Love Estelle’s “No Substitute Love”? It is there. You can get it and the latest tracks to continually update your “Lips” experience.
- Split parts. Co-op Mode in “Lips” is designed to more accurately reflect songs that feature multiple vocalists. This gameplay mode enhances the experience by showing the lyrics and melody to all parts, helping turn a singing duo into a professional act.
“Lips” is rated “T” for Teen and will be available mid-November in all major retail stores nationwide.
More articles about Lips