Inspired by this summer's blockbuster "Star Trek" movie from Paramount Pictures, Star Trek: D-A-C is a fast-paced, top-down space shooter where players take the captain's chair and engage in intense online multi-player or co-op battles. In addition to featuring the gameplay and ships XBLA fans enjoyed in May, Star Trek: D-A-C will feature a PlayStation Network-exclusive new ship class and updated gameplay features.
Star Trek: D-A-C allows fans to pitch battles between Starfleet and the Romulan Empire. Up to 12 players can compete in thrilling team combat. There are three game play modes - single player, online multiplayer and online co-op. For each mode, there are three different game types - Team Deathmatch, Assault and Conquest.
Players can now choose from four ship types for each faction, including the new U.S.S. Enterprise featured in the "Star Trek" film. Each ship - the powerful Flagship, the aggressive Fighter, the nimble Bomber and the all-new Support Frigate - offers its own unique capabilities for players to master and manipulate as they fight for victory. The Support Frigate allows players to heal friendly ships and easily target enemy escape pods.
New gameplay updates in Star Trek: D-A-C for PlayStation Network include variable AI difficultly settings, customizable goals that allow players to set game time limits and number of kills needed to win, improved mechanics for capturing control points in Conquest games, and host migration, which will allow games to continue even if the host player disconnects.
In addition to featuring the new U.S.S. Enterprise, Star Trek: D-A-C incorporates music and signature sounds taken directly from the new "Star Trek" film.
On the PC, the game will also be 3D compatible with the Nvidia 3D Vision 3D stereoscopic experience. Star Trek: D-A-C will be available for PC users to download through Valve’s Steam distribution service.
Choose your side, fire your weapons, boldly go!
Key Features :
- Arcade-Style Space Combat: Lead your team to victory as you command a starship in epic multiplayer space battles
- Enlist in Starfleet or join the Romulan Empire: Play as one of the two factions from the upcoming “Star Trek” motion picture
- Three Different Game Play Modes:
- Single-Player: Practice against AI bots to become an expert captain
- Online Multiplayer: Twelve players (six per team) compete in intense online battles
- Online Co-Op: Team up with friends to combat in space
- Three Different Game Types:
- Team Deathmatch: Teams go head-to-head in a winner-takes-all fight to the finish
- Conquest: Teams must protect and conquer Control Points in space
- Assault: Teams take turns trying to dominate or defend a sector of space
- Superior Graphics: With visuals inspired by the film, players of Star Trek: D-A-C fight in a diverse array of outer space settings
- Four Ship Classes for Each Faction: Each ship provides unique capabilities in combat
- Flagship: Take and give out damage with each side’s largest ship, including Starfleet’s U.S.S. Enterprise™
- Bomber: Dart in and out of battles, dropping bombs in your wake
- Fighter: Engage in dogfights with other ships, shooting missiles and dodging attacks
- Support Frigate: Heal friendly ships and inflict devastating damage to escape pods
- New Gameplay Enhancements: Updates for the PlayStation Network game include:
- Variable AI Difficultly Settings: Choose to play against AI set to easy, medium or difficult
- Customizable Game Settings: Select your own time and kill limits
- Change the Course of Battle With a Variety of Power-Ups & Special Pick-Ups: Upgrade your ship’s weapons mid-fight and discover powerful pickups to dominate your enemies
- “Star Trek” Soundtrack: Star Trek: D-A-C features music and sound effects taken from the new “Star Trek”movie
More articles about Star Trek: D.A.C.