For centuries, an epic battle between humans and evil lords has been raging, destroying everything in its path. Throughout that time, heroes and legends have risen above the chaos, only to eventually disappear into the pages of history. The would-be hero, the narcissistic evil lord, the crossbow-wielding princess...These three were the champions of their eras and even now, still have one last part to play.
The civilized world continues to be laid siege to by relentless evil adversaries and all that remains are the ruins of castles and the bodies of the faithful knights who once proudly protected them. As the last wandering sage and final hope for humanity, it is up to the protagonist to somehow transcend time and death to unite these legends and their unique powers in one last battle against the ultimate evil lord.
Half-Minute Hero is a bold new concept of having the player save the world, 30 seconds at a time. The player must fight, shoot, summon, and protect in four distinct modes, each containing a different perspective and unique gameplay style, across a total of 120 varied stages. The 8-bit graphics and story elements provide a unique style and humor, while the hard-rocking soundtrack keeps pace with the breakneck speed of gameplay.
The first of two downloadable demos for XSEED Games and Marvelous Entertainment USA's upcoming speed RPG, Half-Minute Hero will be available starting September 10th for the PSP, accelerating gamers through a full RPG in Hero Mode. This mode allows players to level-up by defeating monsters in random encounters, upgrade equipment, talk to villagers and heal, all against a punishing countdown clock.
- Fast-paced Action for Instant Gratification - A fresh new way to play games, clearing stages in 30-second intervals.
- Four Completely Different and Unique Game Play Modes - Four distinct storylines and modes that encompass an action RPG, a shooter, an escort mission, and a strategy game, keep the gameplay fresh and varied.
- Over 15 Hours of Total Gameplay - With each of the four unique modes containing 30 distinct stages, short individual play times add up to many hours of total gameplay.
- Intense Multiplayer Action - Connect two to four friends through ad-hoc wireless connection for blazing fast competition!
- Old-School Graphics, New-Age Metal Sound - Classic 8-bit graphics give this game its unique visual style, while original music by one of Japan’s most critically-acclaimed guitarists keeps a pace as fast and furious as the gameplay.
More articles about Half-Minute Hero