Complete list of all new features and bug fixes in Update 3:
- option to display the live ticker sentence by sentence
- option to display the live ticker word by word
- finished matches in live ticker now change their colour
- no commentary in live ticker conference mode
- massive increase of UK player pictures and of the XXL pictures (1,786 new pictures, 200 additional XXL pictures)
- many additional city pictures (103) and 332 clubs with a new picture
- Ups & Downs reworked and now more difficult
- added reserve leagues to various countries (Bulgaria etc.)
- option to lock players on the scouting list (excludes them from Delete All)
- option to scout a whole list of players (up to 20) with one click (no drag&drop of every single player required)
- original shirts in the 3rd Division and in the regional leagues of Germany
- ONLINE: Goals and ratings are displayed on the player info screen, additional warnings
- ONLINE: New player condition tooltip
- ONLINE: Extension of the highscore list to 50,000 players
- CaC bug in Portugal fixed
- contract offers for players with a remaining contract longer than 6 months no longer possible
- less talent changes for highly talented players, more changes for player with less talent
- maximum 10-years contract at Game Start
- colours now work in the stadium editor
- fan banners issues solved in the stadium editor
- height and weight of the player manager work correctly
- problem with the Champions Cup screen (crash team>personal life) fixed
- overlapping Line-up screen in the 3D match fixed (still opens for injuries)
- less penalties in the 3D match
- less handballs in the 3D match
- goalkeepers not as good as after Update 2
- Shift feature for player suggestions during half-time
- Hall of Fame rule (options) now working
FIFA Manager 10 will give players the opportunity to find out who really is the best manager. It features a vast array of all-new features including, for the first time ever, a separate online mode where players can play against each other over LAN and internet. With this online mode, EA SPORTS responds to requests that have been expressed by fans of the popular football management simulation for a long time.
In the traditional offline part of the game this year’s new features are based 100% on requests from the fan community. More than 400 improvements have been made across the board and of course you still have full control over the management of a football club. You are responsible for the line-up, the tactics and the training of your team – as well as for signing the right players, improving the club facilities and the stadium. Special highlights are the player manager mode, the national team manager mode, the Create-a-Club mode and the Match Prognosis Tool.
- Online Mode: The online mode is free of charge, easy to begin with and you can play a season in 2-3 hours. All matches take place in text mode to keep the speed of the game up. Up to eight players can play in one of about 40 different first divisions from all over the world. This guarantees a huge number of head-to-head matches and frequent exciting player auctions. After the matchmaking on the EA server the season can immediately start and the players play the game peer-to-peer. Manager points and cups are sent to the EA server to create global rankings.
- Improved 3D Match: The 3D mode has been expanded by several hundred new animations and is now based on the latest FIFA 09 animation system. All tactical options were improved. It is now possible to directly click on players on the pitch to get all the necessary information on the player. New cameras (sideline, bird’s view, single player) give you even more options to analyse the match.
- Manager on the Sideline: For the first time, the manager is displayed in 3D on the sideline and can influence the match by the re-integrated feature “Manager Shouts”. More than 70 animations and 15 different shouts are available.
- Highlight Mode: Another large improvement in the 3D match is the highlight mode which includes a 2D display of the pitch and a large number of new texts.
- Improved Text Mode: FIFA Manager 10 includes an extended text mode with more than 5,000 events and many textual improvements. It includes the new “Manager Shouts” feature, an improved presentation of penalty shoot-outs, new videos and the original 3D match fan chants.
- Stadium Editor light: In addition to the complex 3D stadium editor you can now also create your stadium with just a few mouse-clicks.
- Stadium Infrastructure: Take care of the the food, the facilities, the stadium magazine, public transport, VIP areas, locker rooms. Fine tune details of all your facilities for maximum profit and the happiness of your supporters.
- Revised Game Website: Read everything about the game world in separate sections about national and international football plus in a special section on international competitions and national teams. The website includes a special local section if you play in “Create a Club” mode.
- Manager Diary: In the manager diary you can collect your personal photos of cups, stadiums and players. Where did you play, who did you meet and which scalps did you collect?
- Yearly Magazine: The yearly magazine includes all data from all teams of the top division of a country. It includes a season forecast, and you can read everything about the squad. The team, stadium and city pictures complete the overview.
- Improved User Interface: For the first time FIFA Manager 10 fully supports screen resolutions up to 1920x1200. The manager’s desktop is fully customizable with more than 30 widgets, a notepad, various backgrounds, and more than unlockable 50 objects for decoration.
- New Help System: On many screens you will now find “Info” buttons which deliver extensive information right to where it is needed. Selected information screens also give you insider hints while playing.
- Community Wishes: The FIFA World Player Gala, moving staff to new positions, player pictures on the line-up screen, automatic substitutions, more than one training objective per player, loan offers directly for the Reserves, four customisable line-ups, temporarily moving players to the Reserves, direct offers of other clubs, naturalisation of player with 2 nationalities, national team scouts, and customisable flags for the supporters in the 3D mode – these are just a few examples of the features implemented as requested by the community.
- User Generated Content: More than 40 parts of the game are easily extendable by the users. A special directory structure and the new file system make the content of the various fansites compatible.
- Database and Editor: FIFA Manager 10 comes with even more licensed leagues. The database includes now far more than 3,600 clubs and 31,000 players. More than 9,000 of these players are represented with real-life pictures, several hundred of them even with extra-large pictures. An extensive editor ships with the game. It allows you to add leagues, clubs and as many players as you like.
Minimum hardware requirements:
1.3 GHz Intel Pentium III or equivalent processor
1024 MB RAM, 2048 MB recommended (depending on the number of selected leagues)
64 MB (AGP/PCI-E), graphics card
12,000 MB available hard disk space
8x DVD-ROM drive
DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
More articles about FIFA Manager 10