Pirates of the Burning Sea will feature action for every play style, whether it’s epic ship combat, piracy, building economic empires or sword-swinging adventure. Burning Sea takes place in the New World circa 1720, a dramatic time of conflict and riches. Choosing one of four Nations – France, Spain, England or Pirate – players can set sail as a valiant naval officer, a devil-may-care privateer, a savvy merchant adventurer, or a fearless, rampaging pirate. With one thousand missions to play, dozens of ports to explore, and the entire Caribbean as their domain, players will find an online experience like no other.
Virtual buccaneers can engage in fierce ship-to-ship combat in real time, complete with the roar of cannon fire and the crunch of timber as masts and hulls are shattered, sending foes to the bottom of the briny deep or leaving them helpless and ripe for looting. Pirate games aren’t complete without the clashing of swords and Pirates of the Burning Sea delivers with three swashbuckling styles, from the deadly and formal Fencing, to the flashy dual-wielding Florentine, or the rowdy and treacherous Dirty Fighting. The combat system is fast and fluid with awesome swordplay and powerful finishing moves.
Pirates of the Burning Sea also features an economy completely run by players, who build their own empires across the Caribbean. Build your own forges, quarries, and rum distilleries and manage large-scale production and distribution in a cutthroat world of gold and galleons where profits are the dream and desperate measures the reality.
The game's Conquest system turns any port into a battleground, as rival players rack up points through PvE (Player vs. Environment) missions and combat culminating in a period of intense PvP (Player vs. Player) gameplay to determine who takes the port -- and the valuable resources it provides for economic gameplay. If you want the cannons, you have to capture the iron, making the Conquest system something that impacts the career of every single player.
This month marks the second anniversary of the release of Flying Lab Software’s MMORPG – Pirates of the Burning Sea. The game is rolling into 2010 bigger and better than ever with new and robust cinematic avatar combat; new conquest features, such as improved ship battles and blockading; and an abundance of new content including ships, missions, and clothes.
Flying Lab Software will also be holding an in-game anniversary event on January 23, 2010. During the event players will be able to play against the creators of Pirates of the Burning Sea, and game rewards will be given. To join the party fun and check out the game, prospective pirates can test out their swashbuckling skills for free for 2 weeks by signing up at www.burningsea.com/try.
“Flying Lab is very proud to have such a strong and active gaming fan base for Pirates of the Burning Sea, and we are looking forward to celebrating many more anniversaries with our community,” said Russell Williams, CEO of Flying Lab Software. “In the last 2 years, we have packed this game with loads of new features, and the gameplay is now more robust and action-packed than ever.”
Flying Lab Software is also still offering a special promotion to U.S. military personnel. This special deal for U.S. military men and women waives for 6 months the normal game costs of $19.99 on Steam or the Sony Store, as well as the monthly $14.99 subscription. The six months starts when they sign up and download the game.
- A game for serious gamers. Gorgeous graphics using the latest high-end hardware. Broadband connections required for smooth play. We're making this game for those who want the best experience possible.
- Make your own career. Your fortunes shift with the winds and your desires. Buy a naval commission and command a ship of the line. Turn traitor and work as a privateer for your former foes. Navigate the perils of war and weather as a merchant. You can do whatever your reputation allows - and your reputation is yours to create.
- Epic adventure on a human scale. You'll be on a server with no more than a few thousand players. It's a world big enough for constant adventure, but small enough that your reputation carries weight with the people you meet.
- Player-created content. We put the player community in the designer's seat. Using industry standard tools, you can create new textures and even 3-D models and submit them to the peer-reviewed web site for incorporation into the game. And you own what you create - if you design a new sword hilt or throne or sail design texture, you can make it freely available or charge for it within the game world. Earn in-game income from the sales of your designs! Or keep them to yourself and customize your own unique gear to the nth degree.
- An ever-expanding game. Regular updates will roll out with new features, including avatar play, the magic system, and property development. The initial game of military action, trading fleets, and bloodthirsty piracy will evolve into a rich and player-directed world.
Pirates of the Burning Sea is currently available worldwide.
More articles about Pirates of the Burning Sea