Field of Glory is an approachable and fun wargame system for your PC that covers the ancient and medieval worlds. It's intuitive user interface makes it an ideal game to pick up for new comers to the hobby, while it's subtlety and depth ensure long term interest for the grognard. Find out what it is like to be a Caesar at the battle of Philippi against Pompey. Command from the rear or imspire your men and risk death and injury from the front line. The initial release covers during the Rise of Rome from Zama in North Africa to the battles of Boudicca’s revolt in Britain.
The Rise of Rome expansion pack is now available for pre-order at the special price of £11.99 – that’s a 20% saving on the normal price of £14.99!
Field of Glory: Rise of Rome adds a host of new features to single and multiplayer and a vast number of armies and troops and a completely new way to play game making this more than just an expansion pack - it is an entirely new game!
Rise of Rome is an expansion and requires Field of Glory Digitial
- A comprehensive army builder which allows you to design armies to a specific number of points and then take these armies in to single player against the AI or online in multiplayer. This adds almost infinite replayability.
- New random battle generator using armies created in the army builder for single and multiplayer.
- A new Line of Sight option. Games can be played with or without LOS. Hide battlegroups in terrain, behind hills or other troops. Beware of ambushes!
- Baggage camps which appear in battle and can be looted for bonus points. Some armies are allowed to fortify their baggage.
- Temporary fortifications such as palisades which can be defended.
- Over 100 new unit types including camelry, scythed chariots and artillery!
- 5 New terrain types - broken ground, impassable terrain, open fields, vineyards & steep hills.
- 6 new battles from the Greek & Persian wars, Macedonian & Punic War's and from Rome’s expansion.
- Mid-Republican Roman
- Late Republican Roman
- Later Carthaginian
- Ancient Spanish
- Later Macedonian
- Attalid Pergamene
- Numidian or Early Moorish
- Later Seleucid
- Later Ptolemaic
- Spartacus Slave Revolt
- Early Armenian
- Later Jewish
Plus a selection of allied armies to bolster your main force
The only army not included from the tabletop are the Illyrians as we have not been able to source good figures for them. We hope to add them later, but for now can only apologies to any budding Illyrian generals!
More articles about Field of Glory