The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom gives gamers the opportunity to choose the best way to lead their kingdom to victory, in a rich environment set in middle-Europe during the early Renaissance.
Developed by the Ubisoft Blue Byte studio located in Düsseldorf, Germany, The Settlers 7: Paths to a KingdomTM brings a fresh, innovative design to the franchise, while reintroducing the strong game mechanics and deep gameplay that are hallmarks of the highly acclaimed Settlers series. Players will easily become engaged in an exciting campaign, skirmish maps or multi-player challenges in a world of lush forests, open meadows, fast flowing rivers, and high mountains.
The beta will start January 19th and will offer the tutorial missions of the single-player campaign as well as skirmish maps for multiplayer mode or games against the AI. Registered beta testers will be able to discuss the game with developers in a closed board.Interested fans can register here, a ubi.com account is needed for registration.
- Rich gameplay mechanics: The deep building and production system allows gamers to expand their kingdoms village by village, sector by sector, optimizing their creation by fine tuning production chains and transport systems.
- Variety of gameplay: Gamers will be able to choose the best path to lead their kingdoms to victory around three main pillars:
- Military: by building strong armies and defeating opponents with shear military power.
- Technology: by being the first to develop new and beneficial technologies.
- Trade: by occupying the best trade routes to become the wealthiest player on the map.
- Depending on style of play, gamers will be able to unlock a variety of new and unique possibilities, changing the way they build their own kingdoms.
- All-new victory system: The new victory point system brings more tension and competition to the game. Victory points are awarded in many different ways depending on the choices gamers make throughout the evolution of their kingdoms.
- Online multiplayer: Gamers will be able to play online and face opponents in classic adversarial and co-op teamplay modes. Online features include user-generated and downloadable content, in-game feeds, and various leaderboards.
- A new graphic engine and improved AI: A brand-new graphic engine will let gamers experience the beauty of their kingdom in a never-before-seen level of detail. More than a dozen AI profiles, each with unique behaviors, will add enhanced variety to the game like never before.
- Build your own castle: Bring even more customization to your game as you assemble your castle from a wide range of styles, designs and architectural details. You and your friends can share your creations online.
- Social networking integration: Deep social networking integration with Facebook and Twitter) lets you bring your gaming experience to your social circle.
More articles about The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom