The Amazing Brain Train is a brain training game like no other. Hosted by the diminutive genius Professor Fizzwizzle, the player is taken on a brain-boosting adventure around the Professor's cartoon world, stopping to solve challenges and help his friends along the way.
More than a year of work has been put into fine-tuning The Amazing Brain Train and adapting it for the Wii. The result is a fun, ultra-challenging and addictive brain training game that is unlike any other in the WiiWare library.
Hosted by the diminutive genius Professor Fizzwizzle, the game takes the player on a brain-boosting adventure around the Professor’s cartoon world, stopping to solve challenges and help his friends along the way. Fueled only by mental energy, The Amazing Brain Train guides the player through 15 different mini-games in three addictive game play modes—quest, test and practice.
The ability to save personal, friends’ and family members’ high scores on the same console allows the player to come back time and again to challenge best scores and prove just how smart he or she is.
“This is one of the few brain training games that has a quest/story mode,” said Joey Kendall, Lead Programmer at NinjaBee. “It adds new goals and more purpose to the mini-games. The story is silly but it’s kind of like watching a Disney movie – it’s cute but there’s a lot of humor in there that only an adult would understand. It adds great comic relief.”
“This is no ordinary brain game,” said Ryan Clark, co-founder of Grubby Games. “The Amazing Brain Train! contains features never before seen in the genre. It’s a departure from the minimalist brain games we’ve seen in the past. You can forget about goal-less gameplay: The Amazing Brain Train! is packed with quests, trophies and high scores that add an aspect of gameplay that other brain games just don’t have.”
The game includes 32 unlockable trophies, 16 categories of high score competition, unlockable tracks and quests, plus a test mode that grades your brain power and tells you just how far your mental juice can carry you.
“The game does a really good job of rewarding you for doing well,” Kendall said. “It kind of triggers that ‘achievement mentality.’ You get a couple trophies and find yourself saying, ‘I’ve got to get all of those.’”
- 15 different brain games, in 5 categories:
- Search - Find the solution, and your hidden talent!
- Planning - Think ahead, to victory!
- Spatial - You'll be a master of mental manipulation!
- Memory - Make the most of your powerful memory!
- Numbers - Become a numerical ninja!
- Three different ways to play:
- Test Mode - Test yourself in all categories and see if you make the grade!
- Quest Mode - Put your brain power to good use performing quests and epic deeds!
- Practice Mode - Master any of the 15 games in "timed" or "unlimited" modes!
- Tons of extra features:
- High scores - 16 categories of brainy high score competition! Prove your superior brain power by beating best scores of friends and family.
- Trophies - 32 unique trophies to unlock! Strengthen your brain and achieve them all!
- Easy to play - Each game is demonstrated visually; everything is easy to learn!
- Challenging for all ages - Each brain game becomes increasingly difficult as you correctly solve puzzles, tailoring the difficulty to each player's ability. Don't let the cartoon style fool you - this game is tough!
- Unlockable tracks - Progress your way through quest mode to unlock new tracks, quests and challenges!
The Amazing Brain Train! will make its debut on WiiWare for only 600 Wii Points (USD $6).
More articles about The Amazing Brain Train