Sherlock Holmes is back with probably the series’ most terrifying investigation. Take on the role of master sleuth Sherlock Holmes as you venture into the dark, grim streets of London searching for the macabre trail of… Jack the Ripper. During this terrifying adventure, Sherlock will attempt to shed some light on the mystery that shrouds the identity and motive of the infamous killer.
„Our brand - ‚The Adventure Company‘ (TAC) - has seen increasing turnovers over the past years, which mainly derives from world-wide releases of successful branded products such as Sam&Max, Agatha Christie and Sherlock Holmes. Our goal now is to continue to strengthen and improve the TAC brand internationally, and to keep pushing toward increased development and distribution of high-quality titles in the Adventure genre”, explains Stefan Berger, Head of Publishing at JoWooD Entertainment. “Our subsidiary Dreamcatcher is working hard to cover the entire market and position the product for North America, and is really the driving force behind our great success in this territory.”
Now the famous Detective is about to solve his first-ever case on the Xbox 360: In this fantastic adventure, Holmes is hot on the trail of one of the most dangerous serial murderers in British history.
It’s 1888, London, in the Whitechapel area, and a series of grisly crimes in the heart of the East End leave a gory trail of mutilated female bodies. The police struggle to pick up the scent as the bodies pile up and paranoia sweeps the city. Sherlock Holmes immerses himself in the dark, sordid alleyways of Whitechapel in order to follow the trail of the one that the press calls Jack the Ripper. During a terrifying investigation, Holmes will attempt to lift the veil of mystery that shrouds the motives and the face behind that horrific nickname.
Presented in full 3D, Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper offers players 2 different perspectives available at any moment in the game: a third-person view in the pure style of traditional point ’n’ click adventure games and a first-person view for close-up investigation. Players have the total freedom to choose either of the angles they wish or use them both to immerse themselves completely in this terrifying adventure.
- Solve one of the greatest mysteries in the history of England and discover who is Jack the Ripper!
- 2 mythic characters of 19th century England engage in a horrifying manhunt: the illustrious Sherlock Holmes and the terrifying Jack the Ripper.
- Discover the hidden side of London and the sinister streets of Whitechapel, all faithfully recreated (e.g. public work house, hospitals, brothels, etc).
- Switch between playing the role of the famous detective Sherlock Holmes or his trusted friend Doctor Watson.
- Interact with more than 30 authentic characters that help you complete your investigation.
- Use and combine more that 100 objects and collect hundreds of clues so you can finally uncover the real identity and motives of the perverted Jack the Ripper.
- 2 points-of-view available at all times: gameplay in third-person or classic first-person point-of-view, a favorite for the enthusiasts of the series.
- A progressive help system puts you back on
More articles about Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper