Changes in v1.02
- Fixed crash issues when using an audio output frequency greater than 48kHz.
- Fixed a bug where the player could remain stuck in a cinematic screen after the Banshee cut-scene in the "Cloud Walk" quest.
- Fixed some D3D10 errors.
- Fixed shutdown issues, happening on some video cards, that were causing problems when restarting the game.
- Added better support for multi-monitors view mode.
- Added a Force Widescreen FOV option in Display Options menu.
- Fixed various shaders flickering issues.
- Fixed vegetation issues with DirectX 10 in low/medium quality.
- Fixed an issue when the player is killed by an explosion after the revive timer.
- Fixed water refraction when no bloom on DirectX 10.
- Fixed black squares flickering when antialiasing 4xAA or more with HDR is enabled.
- Fixed a bug with the Login window when the player enters a wrong password followed by a successful authentication.
- Fixed the flickering on soft bodies (eg. vegetation) on some video cards.
- Fixed 'War Room' mini-game controls not being updated all the time.
- Fixed some random crashes.
- Improved shaders preloading on some configurations.
- Improved task switching support.
"Avatar" is the story of an ex-Marine who finds himself thrust into hostilities on an alien planet filled with exotic life forms. As an Avatar, a human mind in an alien body, he finds himself torn between two worlds, in a desperate fight for his own survival and that of the indigenous people. More than ten years in the making, Avatar marks Cameron's return to feature directing since helming 1997's Titanic, the highest grossing film of all time and winner of eleven Oscars including Best Picture. The "Avatar" cast includes Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana, and Sigourney Weaver. Academy Award-winning visual effects house, WETA Digital, renowned for its work in "The Lord of the Rings" Trilogy and "King Kong," will incorporate new intuitive CGI technologies to transform the environments and characters into photo realistic 3D imagery that will transport the audience into the alien world rich with imaginative vistas, creatures and characters.
- Immerse yourself in James Cameron’s world: Peer deep into the heart of Pandora and see James Cameron’s universe, from your own perspective.
- Engage in a massive conflict between two worlds: Fight for your cause; RDA or Na’vi. Customize more than 60 RDA and Na’vi weapons, combined. Choose your skills: 20 for each clan. Drive all of the vehicles and ride the animals. Expand the battleground in online multiplayer.
- Develop your character and acquire new skills: Create your very own character and acquire skills as you progress through the game.
More articles about James Cameron's Avatar: The Game