MLB 10 The Show is also building upon an already stellar reputation for immersion and unparalleled delivery of the baseball experience. With several new key features and enhancements to the critically acclaimed title, MLB 10 The Show is poised to continue the franchise's reign as the premier MLB licensed game on any platform.
The long awaited Home Run Derby leads the deep features list in MLB 10 The Show for the PS3 system. Fully implemented in the season modes and available as a stand alone feature, Home Run Derby follows the MLB rules and flow. The MLB Futures Game will also be available within season modes in its correct time frame (just before the HR Derby), as well as fully functional online leagues. The new online season leagues will save and display MLB player stats, track player energy, allow for trades/injuries, and offer 40-man roster functionality.
Additional new features for the PS3 game include "Catcher Mode," the ability to call the game as the catcher, select pitches, and be the ultimate field general, just like Joe Mauer. MLB 10 The Show will also offer daytime transitional lighting, user controlled pick-offs, a newly added "Movie Maker" menu giving the user the ability to select multiple replays to add to and edit a single movie, and 11 new stadiums. Five new Minor League stadiums will be introduced, as well as a selection of classic parks available on the PS3 system for the first time including Forbes Field, Crosley Field, The Polo Grounds, Shibe Park, Sportsman Park, and Griffith Stadium.
The popular "Road to The Show" mode returns with version 4.0 featuring the addition of two new interactive training modes, new settings, and new presentations. Interactive training will consist of a set of mini-games designed to improve a player's fielding and pitching ability, adding to last year's introduction of batting and base running training. "Franchise Mode" also returns to the game, including the 40-man roster, salary arbitration, waiver transactions and September call-ups.
The Show is all about bringing all the big moments in baseball to life, and the pre-order program is something we are really excited about. Pre-order the PS3 version of MLB 10: The Show at any of these retailers here (pre-order the PS2 or PSP versions!) and get a “6-Pack” of Classic Stadiums at no additional charge (not available for PS2 or PSP). These stadiums are some of the most famous in Major League Baseball history, so the team down in San Diego has spent a great deal of time making sure each stadium is to exact specifications. So when the game launches on March 2, punch in the voucher code on your PS3 and you’ll be able to play on the same fields as some of the all-time greats.
New Game Features:
- HR Derby – The Home Run Derby and MLB All-Star Futures Game are now available during the All-Star break in our season modes and as a stand-alone experience.
- Catcher Calling the Game – Call pitches and play as the field general, just like Joe Mauer.
- Online Gameplay Improved – This year the online gameplay experience has been vastly improved and will detect and respond better to adverse network conditions along with reduced bandwidth to help the speed and flow of online gameplay.
- User Controlled Pick-Offs – Surprise a base runner with a quick move or lull him to sleep with our new pick-off mechanism.
- Custom Music, Fan Yells, and Chants – Assign music or a recording to an entire team, edit tracks to assign batter walk-up music, or record your own voice and assign it to play for the team or player during the situation of your choice.
- Movie Maker – Select up to ten replays to add to a single movie and do all the editing for your own highlight reel.
- New Stadiums – Five new Minor League stadiums as well as classic parks including Forbes Field, Crosley Field, Polo Grounds, Shibe Park, Sportsman Park, and Griffith Stadium.
- New Fielding/Pitching Training Modes and Practice Drills – New pitching and fielding training sessions will be part of our Road to The Show training suite.
- Road to The Show Version 4.0 – New option settings (Game Watch and Game Completion) allow users to set how much of the game they wish to view, our mistake tracking system and new Green Light system reward and penalize good play, and our new stat tracking system keeps stats for your player’s career versus every pitcher or batter faced during the current season that can be accessed at any time.
- Full Online Season Leagues – Fully functional online season leagues, save and display MLB Player stats, track player energy, allow for trades/injuries, and offer 40-man roster functionality.
- Weekly Live Roster – An updated live roster will be available every week throughout the entire season.
- Online Game History – View every game you’ve ever played online, complete with opponents, box scores, and game logs.
- 1-30 Player Season Modes – Control one or all 30 teams right from the start of your franchise or season.
- New Camera System – The most realistic camera system available will make you double take and make sure you’re not watching a live MLB telecast.
- Real-Time Presentations – More than 1,250 new gameplay animations, more than 1,000 new presentation animations, and more than 400 personalized pitcher and batter animations.
- Stadium Realism and Experience – Details, details, details! MLB 10 The Show offers daytime transitional lighting, shows all players on field in
real-time (including players in the dugout and bullpen), and offers improved stadium ambiance with HR/splash counters, fireworks, steam,
noisemakers, towels, thunder sticks, working digital and analog clocks, crowd reaching over the rails, and crowd detail, such as interaction
with vendors and placing K signs.
More articles about MLB 10 The Show