Developed by SEGA Studios under the guidance of Yuji Naka, the creator of Sonic the Hedgehog and Phantasy Star Online, Phantasy Star Universe offers long-time fans the single-player experience they have been clamoring for. The solo adventure features more than 40 hours of gameplay, an emotionally engaging story, traditional cut scenes, and strong character development. The title's hero is Ethan Waber, a 17-year old cadet intent on saving his sister, who is living on a planet under siege by mysterious life forces called THE SEED.
In Online Mode, players are given the opportunity to create their own characters from a range of races, and they get to explore all three planets in the Grarl solar system. Fans can travel with a squad of other adventurers, enter urban sprawls teeming with hundreds of other players, and build their avatars into powerful warriors.
The first Phantasy Star game to appear on a PlayStation platform, Phantasy Star Universe will offer a rich, constantly evolving world that will provide years of entertainment to fans of the series and RPG enthusiasts.
SEGA would like to extend its sincere thanks to those who have played on the PC/PS2 servers over the past several years. The final update for PC/PS2 servers will be this January 29th 2010, which will start the long awaited MAG+ event. This event will receive the same updates & web support as the event on the Xbox 360 servers.
Please note that after January 29th 2010, no new PSU subscriptions will be available for purchase for PC/PS2. Those who are subscribed as of that time will be able to play, for free, until service closure.
The schedule is as follows:
- January 29th 2010: MAG+ event begins for PC/PS2 and Xbox 360 servers.
- January 29th 2010: No new PC/PS2 PSU subscriptions will be available for purchase.
- January 29th 2010: Free play for PC/PS2 PSU begins. No more billing cycles will take place on or after this date.
- March 31st 2010: PC/PS2 servers / service closure, the PS2 and PC versions of Phantasy Star Universe online play will not be available after this date, however, please continue to enjoy the Single Player version of the game.
For those who play the Xbox 360 version of Phantasy Star Universe: SEGA will continue to support, in full & with regular updates, this version of Phantasy Star Universe. This includes bringing currently unreleased and anticipated content to the XBox 360 servers. We will be able to provide more details on future Xbox 360 PSU content over the coming weeks and months.
While we are sad to see the PC/PS2 version of Phantasy Star Universe end, the year 2010 is the 10th anniversary of Phantasy Star Online -- and this server / service closure is helping to pave the way for bigger and better things for the Phantasy Star franchise in the very near future!
Thank you all again for the support and great times together with us here at SEGA playing PSU! We look forward to seeing you again in our new adventures!
Key Product Features:
- The first major offline Phantasy Star game in more than a decade. The robust, full-featured single player campaign offers more than 40 hours of gameplay.
- Three enormous planets to explore. A gigantic overworld and more than twenty giant dungeons are featured.
- All-new enemies to fight. In addition to a brand-new roster of standard opponents, there are more than 15 major bosses to challenge.
- Player-controlled vehicles. Players no longer need to travel everywhere by foot, adding a new dimension to exploration.
- The best online Phantasy Star experience to date. The game features a game world that will evolve with new content over the course of several years.
More articles about Phantasy Star Universe