With the launch of Star Ocean The Last Hope: International, PS3 users will be able to explore the fantastical science fiction world of this hit prequel to the Star Ocean series. In addition to English and Japanese voice options, the PS3 version will include six language options in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Japanese for Star Ocean fans around the world to enjoy.
Celebrated development studio tri-Ace Inc. delivers spectacular visuals and a unique RPG experience in Star Ocean The Last Hope: International, in which players can control their own spaceship, moving from planet to planet as they explore the vastness of space. The refined gameplay features dynamic four-person team-oriented combat and the capability to seamlessly switch between characters during battle. Star Ocean The Last Hope: International also improves upon the innovative real-time battle system that has become a trademark of the Star Ocean franchise.
The year is A.D. 2087. In the aftermath of World War III, Earth has been ravaged and the population decimated by a deteriorating environment. The countries that survived have joined together to form the Greater Unified Nations and turned their eyes skyward…to space.
Edge Maverick and his childhood friend Reimi Saionji are chosen as pioneer members of the Space Reconnaissance Force, which was created to seek out new worlds beyond the stars. Their ship, the Calnus, takes its place on the lunar launch pad along with four other starships of the first reconnaissance fleet. These ships – humanity’s last hope – blast off one-by-one and sail into the awaiting wormhole that leads to the vast star ocean.
And so, Edge and his crew begin their voyage in search of a new haven for humanity...and a second chance.
- Combines sci-fi and fantasy elements, spanning multiple planets and the vastness of space itself to recount the origins of the Star Ocean universe
- Item creation and Private Actions, two hallmarks of the Star Ocean franchise, also make their return, allowing for players to enjoy upgraded versions of both systems
- Exhilarating combat expands upon the franchise’s dynamic real-time battle system, now featuring amazing graphics through Blu-ray Disc
- Up to four characters can take part in battles simultaneously and party members can be switched mid-battle
- New Blindside battle system fuses evasion and offense, enabling players to confuse and ambush enemies by quickly moving out of their line of sight when targeted
- Pilot the Calnus spaceship for the first time in the series and journey to various planets of the Star Ocean universe
- Features breathtaking CG movies by Visual Works, the cutting-edge studio whose previous work includes cut scenes for the acclaimed Final Fantasy series
- In addition to English and Japanese voice options, the PlayStation 3 system version will include English, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Japanese language options for Star Ocean fans around the world
More articles about Star Ocean: The Last Hope