After 25 years of war, some elements of the TEC, Vasari and Advent have grown weary of conflict and desperately seek a respite. The decision is made to attempt peaceful negotiations to end the wars, but others view this new effort at diplomacy as the perfect means to destroy their enemies from within.
Sins of a Solar Empire: Diplomacy will add a new Diplomacy tech tree, new envoy cruisers, the ability to issue missions to other players, trade pacts, an entirely new relationship system, deadlier pirates and more.
Plagued by the continuous war, the factions have become weak and begin to seek refuge in the amiable sub-factions of their enemies in an attempt to find some solace. The Vasari fear the worst, as they know all too well that the end is near for their race if something radical isn't done within these fleeting moments. Members of the TEC notice a change in their constituents as many have shown menacing qualities of greed and self fulfillment. A search begins for an answer outside of their own kind.
All the while, many of the Advent are growing sympathetic to both the populations of the Vasari and TEC. They are becoming disillusioned by the path they chose, but now suspect it was either manipulated or drastically misguided.
- Faction Status: New faction status screen lets the player see what each faction thinks of one another and why
- New Trade Pacts: Factions can establish research, metal or crystal pacts with one another, giving a substantial boost to themselves and an ally
- Issue Missions: Players can now create and issue missions to other factions, adding a whole new dimension to competitive play
- Envoy Cruisers: New envoy cruisers give factions unique abilties that can lead to better relations with other empires
- New Technologies: 30+ technologies to research on the new Diplomacy tree
- Deadlier Pirates: Pirates are more fearsome than ever as they collect bounty awards on their targets
Pre-orders for Sins of a Solar Empire: Diplomacy are available now for $9.95. This micro-expansion will require the full versions of Sins of a Solar Empire and Sins of a Solar Empire: Entrenchment to play.
More articles about Sins of a Solar Empire: Diplomacy