The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom gives gamers the opportunity to choose the best way to lead their kingdom to victory, in a rich environment set in middle-Europe during the early Renaissance.
Developed by the Ubisoft Blue Byte studio located in Düsseldorf, Germany, The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom brings a fresh, innovative design to the franchise, while reintroducing the strong game mechanics and deep gameplay that are hallmarks of the highly acclaimed Settlers series. Players will easily become engaged in an exciting campaign, skirmish maps or multi-player challenges in a world of lush forests, open meadows, fast flowing rivers, and high mountains.
In Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom economy covers construction and logistics of the settlement.
Regardless of how you plan to obtain Victory Points to win the map, your economy must be efficient and productive. The end product of your economy is the units you need to produce victory, whether they are soldiers, monks, merchants, or a combination of the three. Each player starts the game with a castle and a few basic buildings and settlers.
A Constructor that can erect your first buildings and a Storehouse with some resources already available. If you have the necessary type and amount of resources, you can build houses, work yards (manufacturing sites), special buildings, and prestige objects.
After constructing buildings you need, your transport system should be optimized to move goods quickly from their source to where they are needed. This is mainly accomplished by building an efficient network of streets (all settlers move on streets) and Storehouses throughout your realm.
- Rich gameplay mechanics: The deep building and production system allows gamers to expand their kingdoms village by village, sector by sector, optimizing their creation by fine tuning production chains and transport systems.
- Variety of gameplay: Gamers will be able to choose the best path to lead their kingdoms to victory around three main pillars:
- Military: by building strong armies and defeating opponents with shear military power.
- Technology: by being the first to develop new and beneficial technologies.
- Trade: by occupying the best trade routes to become the wealthiest player on the map.
- Depending on style of play, gamers will be able to unlock a variety of new and unique possibilities, changing the way they build their own kingdoms.
- All-new victory system: The new victory point system brings more tension and competition to the game. Victory points are awarded in many different ways depending on the choices gamers make throughout the evolution of their kingdoms.
- Online multiplayer: Gamers will be able to play online and face opponents in classic adversarial and co-op teamplay modes. Online features include user-generated and downloadable content, in-game feeds, and various leaderboards.
- A new graphic engine and improved AI: A brand-new graphic engine will let gamers experience the beauty of their kingdom in a never-before-seen level of detail. More than a dozen AI profiles, each with unique behaviors, will add enhanced variety to the game like never before.
- Build your own castle: Bring even more customization to your game as you assemble your castle from a wide range of styles, designs and architectural details. You and your friends can share your creations online.
- Social networking integration: Deep social networking integration with Facebook and Twitter) lets you bring your gaming experience to your social circle.
More articles about The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom