Rage of the Gladiator is a fantasy fighting game. You control a gladiator, fighting for your life in an arena. Armed with your magical warhammer and a trusty shield, you must defeat fantastic bosses including a Chimera, Beholder, and a Dragon. The game is set in first-person perspective.
In Rage of the Gladiator, each boss has unique abilities and powers that you need to pay close attention to. Exploit the weakness of each enemy by jumping, dodging, or shield blocking with the proper timing and agility. Then unleash your rage by brutally pounding your enemy with your warhammer and bashing them with your shield, and you will triumph.
The Race to be a Gladiator contest is a worldwide race to try to finish the game. The first person in both North America and Europe to take a screenshot of this will get their name into a future game that we create. So this is a chance for people to actually get their name into a video game.
In addition, we are giving out a set of gladiator weaponry through a random drawing of all entries. So even if you’re not that fast at beating the game, you still have a chance to win.
To finish the game, you need to do 3 things:
- Defeat every boss in the game
- Defeat them again on Challenge Mode. This is quite challenging since the bosses have all-new powers, abilities, and are fast and tricky.
- Then on top of that, you need to defeat each of these bosses with a Rank of A or better, which is super tough.
Once you complete this task, you unlock a special move called the "Brutal Victory" which is a 60+ hit move that lets you devastate your opponents. We estimate that it will take 20-40 hours to do this, depending on how skilled people are.
The contest starts when the game releases, and lasts for 4 weeks.
- Insane “finishing moves.” You have 14 finishing moves that destroy your opponent in over-the-top cutscenes:
- Leap to the skies, then plunge your warhammer into the ground, creating a pillar of fire that burns your enemy to a crisp.
- Transform into a hulking colossus 10 times the size of your opponent, pounding him into the ground.
- Darken the skies with a solar eclipse, sending a beam of light to fry your enemy.
- Customize your character. As you defeat bosses, you earn skill points. You can apply those skill points to one of three skill trees: Offense, Defense, and Magic. This gives you new powers. It also provides great replay value since you can replay through the game with different skill tree decisions.
- Fantastic 3D-graphics. Fully rendered and realistic, you do combat in a fully lit 3D arena. This polish level is rare for a downloadable title.
- Extremely realistic animations. When you attack bosses, the impacts and hits feel “real.” Each boss has been painstakingly animated to react properly to each of your attacks.
- Outstanding replay value. Once you’ve beaten the first 10 bosses, you must face them again in Challenge Mode, which is a completely new experience – the bosses are more difficult with new powers. There are 21 total battles.
- Epic soundtrack. The music has been designed to be exciting and memorable, and really gets your blood pumping.
Rage of the Gladiator is slated to be released on WiiWare later this year.
More articles about Rage of the Gladiator