After 15 years, the network is nearly complete, Tiberium is under strict control and our revitalized, newly terraformed planet is on the cusp of a new age of prosperity and progress. It is then that the world’s citizens begin to seriously ponder why Kane chose to help, and what will he want in return. These questions and more lead to the dramatic final act of the Tiberium saga.
With a multitude of innovative new features to the fast and fluid C&C gameplay, Command & Conquer 4 offers players an entirely new way to play C&C. An all-in-one mobile base, persistent player progression across all game modes that is constantly updated in a real-time online profile, a 3-class system for each of the two factions, co-operative play, and a 5v5 objective-based multiplayer mode that promotes teamwork and social interaction, make Command & Conquer 4 unlike any other C&C experience.
If you love your base building, or want to sit back and turtle, then this is the class for you!
Defense Class players excel in holding ground around TCN nodes by placing defensive structures, shield generators, and bunkers for their infantry. They can establish tunnel networks around the map to hop quickly from location to location, and are the only players who have access to the legendary Ion Cannon and Temple of Nod Superweapons! Don't be fooled by the name though - just because it's called Defense doesn't mean this class can't play aggressively! Although Defense is slower and more heavily armored, you can push to the front lines with an Offense Class player, setting up turrets along the way or even force enemies out of TCN nodes by setting up long-range artillery!
Defense Class Tips:
- Defend your Allies! You can build structures anywhere in the radius of you or your teammate's Crawlers. When an ally deploys a Crawler near a TCN node, secure the area for them with defensive turrets. Set up a tunnel network in the area to quickly move your infantry to the region or construct shield defenses to give your ally some cover!
- Capture Uplink Towers! You can build structures in the region of an Uplink Tower and your team can use it as a Forward Spawn point. Uplink Towers are excellent areas to retreat to if your teammates need to amass new forces.
- When laying out your defenses keep an eye on your power, as you will be limited in how many structures you can build. Be sure to sell of defenses that are no longer useful, and keep your Crawler alive! If your Crawler is destroyed, your defenses will go offline until you can respawn.
- You can force an enemy to retreat by doing a "turret push" as you slowly move your Crawler closer to the enemy and place defensive structures along the way.
- Don't forget your infantry forces! Infantry are much more powerful in C&C4 due to the advancements in GDI Armored Suit and Nod Cyborg technology. Since infantry are too tough to be crushed by tanks, send them to the front lines to rip the enemy to shreds, or place them in bunkers for maximum armor.
- The Epic Conclusion of the Saga – Command & Conquer 4 brings the 15-year Tiberium saga to a powerful and epic conclusion, told through grittier and darker live action cinematics, the return of Nod’s enigmatic leader Kane (Joe Kucan) and all the answers on the fate of Earth, GDI, Tiberium, Nod and most of all, Kane himself.
- First Class-based C&C – Play as Offense, Defense or Support classes from GDI and Nod. Each class is unique, offering players different play styles, giving you tons of strategic options and coming with its own set of units designed to support your chosen style.
- Mobile bases!– The Crawler is your giant, new, all-in-one mobile base that you control on the battlefield to produce new units, structures, powers and upgrades, each specific to the class and faction you chose to play with. Build units and store them in your hull as you move around the map and surprise your enemy with a sudden fury of units!
- Persistent Player Progression – Every unit you destroy awards you with experience points. Level up and spend your experience points on new units, powers and upgrades that give you more strategic options to choose from. Your progression is stored in your online profile that you can access from any PC with C&C 4 installed.
- 5v5 Multiplayer – With its objective-based 5v5 multiplayer, Command & Conquer 4 brings a new, social, real-time-strategy experience to your PC. Choose your individual classes and play together as a team to conquer your enemy. The all-new party system lets you move with your party of friends from one online battle to the next.
More articles about Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight