Monday Night Combat for Xbox LIVE Arcade is a class-based, third-person shooter… and the most popular lethal sport of the future! It blends intense combat, finishing moves, and gameshow-like challenges and rewards to produce an action experience unlike any other. Why fight for “honor” or “duty” when you can fight for the real American dream: cash, fame and endorsements?
Our general philosophy on Monday Night Combat is that it is a service based model of game. For a multiplayer game like ours to be successful, we need to adjust balance, fix exploits, and add new content based on feedback from our community and do it quickly. Unfortunately for the our first Title Update, which was handed off to Microsoft for certification over a month ago, got caught up in a perfect storm of software changes and tons of new games coming out. This caused our Title Update to get backlogged along with other digital titles. They tell us this won't happen again in the future so our first free DLC should be out sooner than later. We'll have announcements of what's in that DLC in the coming weeks.
Along with a ton of fixes and gameplay balance we've increased the Trial time to 60 minutes. If you already have the Trial and have used up your 30 minutes, guess what, you get 30 more. For those of you haven't downloaded the game yet, you get a full 60 minutes of bacon goodness over Xbox Live and unlimited Local Blitz play.
List of changes and fixes in the Title Update
- Extended trial time to 60 minutes from 30.
- Reworked the way we handle parties in the pregame lobby to avoid splitting them up.
- Fixed several issues where host migration would fail immediately.
- Decreased wait time after a successful host migration.
- Lobbies will now host migrate and not kick you back to the main menu.
- If the host leaves during the end of match sequence, the host will migrate and players will return back to the lobby and not the main menu.
- Optimized the time it takes to migrate hosts, shortening the time to migrate.
- Improved weapon hit detection in high lag situations.
- Fixed endorsements being incorrect after a host migration.
- Fixed getting into private matches without an invite.
- Fixed players being able to damage the Moneyball’s shields.
- Fixed visual effects staying on the player after the effect has worn off.
- Reduced the amount of increased damage the Moneyball takes in Overtime, thus reducing the effectiveness of “Juice rushing”.
- Fixed Ringouts, Headshots and Grapple Kills not giving the proper amount of money. Balanced Ringout money to reflect the change. Message now displays correct total amount of money earned.
- New “You Win!”/”You Lose!” UI for the end of a match.
- Fixed juice benefits ending early if the player grapples during juice.
- Fixed juice bar getting stuck full.
- Fixed deploying on or near active jump pads.
- Fixed controller sensitivity of 10 not saving.
- Fixed messaging for kill streaks. Ultra and Uber streaks will now be named properly when popping up above your reticle.
- Fixed an instance of the player’s skill pick UI going away unexpectedly.
- Fixed an issue with bots walking by enemy turrets and bots without engaging them.
- Fixed upgrading a turret that has been hacked to the opposing team.
- Fixed turret collision not going away after being destroyed.
- Normalized time between a grapple miss and the ability to grapple again for all grapples. The biggest change is the Assassin not having as big of a penalty for a missed grapple.
- Fixed the "Team Leader" and "Team Player" highlights from being reversed.
- Fixed players being able to mute themselves.
- Fixed idle kicking when standing still but still looking around and/or shooting.
- Fixed players who cheat and hack their profiles from being able to apply multiple gold endorsements.
- Optimized main menu ticker for players with large friends lists.
- Fixed HUD showing Moneyball shields as up during over time even though they are down.
- Reduced announcer talking for kill streaks to help reduce the repetition of announcements.
- Various performance optimizations.
- Fixed players being able to switch weapons while in a grapple.
- Reworked Support’s bot aura so that it doesn’t make the Jackbot appear overhealed.
- Fixed Support’s Firebase skill from recharging while the Support is dead but the Firebase skill exists.
- Fixed being able to use the Heal/Hurt gun while taunting.
- Fixed some instances of the Support’s Firebase not appearing when thrown.
- Fixed Heal/Hurt gun not being affected by rate of fire endorsements and reduced it’s overall healing/hurting ability to compensate for the change.
- Fixed Supports being able to use their Hack skill through walls.
- Fixed Supports being able to throw their Firebases through the wall.
- Fixed Air Strikes sometimes damaging enemies under cover.
- Supports can now only Hack enemy turrets at Hack level 3.
- Increased the time to Hack enemy turrets.
- Decreased duration of Hack on a turret for levels 1 and 2.
- Fixed Assassins from being able to get permanent sprint and super speed.
- Fixed Assassins getting a double smoke bomb allowing them to jump higher than intended.
- Fixed Assassins being able to cloak during a grapple.
- Fixed Assassins from being able to use her smoke bomb during a lunge.
- Retuned damage done by dagger after a lunge.
- Fixed Scramblers and Traps from draining the Sword and Shruiken Launcher alternate fire grapple.
- Tank’s Jet Gun alternate fire damage is now reduced depending on the percentage of ammo left in the clip. Increased the full clip damage to compensate.
- Fixed an exploit involving the Assault’s Fly.
- Fixed Assault’s bomb audio lingering after bomb is gone.
Monday Night Combat Live Update System:
- Pregame Lobby is now 45 seconds.
- Min Number of Players to start Crossfire is now 6.
- Increased player bot spawning from 5 seconds to 10 seconds.
- Big Money! Big Prizes!: Players who drive the fans wild and catch the eye of corporate sponsors will win cash and prizes that can be used to upgrade their weapons and their defenses.
- Blitz: Allows players to defend their Money Ball against armies of robots by themselves or with up to three of their closest friends over XBOX Live
- Crossfire: Crossfire pits teams of players against each other over XBox LIVE. Each team is supported by an endless stream of robots fighting on their behalf; overwhelming your opponent’s stream will be the key to your success!
- Six Unique Character Classes: Each Pro caters to their unique style of play and comes with their own set of upgradeable skills. Customize those skills and abilities even further with a variety of unlockable products and “My Pro” create-a-class feature.
- Career: Extensive career meta-game gives players lots of room to enhance their Pro and show off their gaming prowess.
More articles about Monday Night Combat