Ready. Set. Dance. "Dance Central" will get you warmed up and dancing in no time with "Break it Down" and "Perform It!" You'll be introduced to some of the over 600 moves in the game, polish your performance, and put it all together to master the routine!
Pump up the volume. Featuring tracks from hot artists including Lady Gaga, No Doubt, M.I.A., Bell Biv Devoe, and more, you'll master more than 90 dance routines all created by professional choreographers. You may even recognize some of the moves from the song's music videos!
Burn up the dance floor — and calories. Whether you've had your dancing shoes on your entire life or this is your first time hitting the floor, "Dance Central" will have you dancing like a pro in no time.
Dance Central is a full-body, controller-free dance video game with fun choreography for beginners and experts. Whether rehearsing in Break It Down! or owning the dance floor in Perform It!, players will be introduced to more than 650 moves in the game and more than 90 dance routines created by professional choreographers. In addition, players can earn achievements; unlock new character outfits and venues and progress through the dance ranks. Dance Central even gives players a calorie-burning tracking option so they can turn all that fun into an actual workout. In Dance Battle, players can challenge friends to an epic living room showdown.
MTV Games is teaming up with smoking prevention campaign truth on a new dance-related initiative that includes an online dance contest, grassroots tour stops, and online outreach.
“In our efforts to promote our important messages through intersecting with teens’ everyday lives, truth has created more than a dozen online games – all designed to entertain and educate teens about tobacco use, by highlighting a tobacco-related fact or information in an entertaining and engaging way,” said Cheryl Healton, Dr. P.H., president and CEO of Legacy, the national public health foundation that directs and funds the truth campaign. “Teens have responded very well to our use of games as an educational tool. So we are very excited that this latest effort with MTV Games will allow truth to extend its messages and brand awareness with teens by collaborating with a popular game that has created a big buzz with teens and that we anticipate will have a wide audience.”
The initiative between MTV Games and truth will have several different elements, all designed to drive teens to an online dance contest:
The contest entry period will run from today through November 25th. At the official Dance Central website, teens can show off their own freestyle dance moves by uploading videos of themselves dancing, as well as share videos with others. From November 26th to December 17th, users can log in, register and vote for their favorite dance video. The dance contest winner will be announced at the end of December 2010, but all registrants will be eligible to win prizes just for registering.
Prizes for participating in the Killer Routine dance contest will include:
- Grand Prize: the winner of the dance contest will receive a dance party at the winner’s house with a DJ there to spin tunes and a visit from one of the choreographers who helped develop the game. The winner will also receive six full Dance Central gaming systems, including an Xbox 360, a Kinect Sensor, and the Dance Central prize package.
- Top 5 Prizes: The winners of the next five most popular dance videos will each receive an Xbox 360/Kinect Sensor/Dance Central prize package.
- Ultimate Gaming Sweepstakes: One randomly-chosen registered Killer Routine participant will receive an Xbox 360/Kinect Sensor/Dance Central prize package.
- Daily Sweepstakes: Every day, starting November 26th and ending December 17th, select registered users will win truth “gear” – fashion-forward items like t-shirts that contain tobacco-related facts or information. The two t-shirts featured in the Dance Central video will be part of the giveaway.
Two of the back-up dancing avatars in the Dance Central game will be sporting truth “gear” – fashion-forward t-shirts that highlight tobacco-related facts.
- 353 t-shirt – highlights the fact that every day in the U.S., 353 people die from lung cancer caused by Big Tobacco’s products.
- 1 in 3 t-shirt – highlights the fact that one out of three youth smokers will eventually die from a tobacco-related disease.
Completely free from any controller, every routine features fun choreography and authentic routines for beginners and experts alike of all ages to master, alongside a killer soundtrack that spans a great sampling of pop, funk, hip-hop, Latin and R&B artists, including Cascada, Kool & The Gang, Kylie Minogue, No Doubt, Salt-N-Pepa, Nelly Furtado, Christina Milian and more.
Dance Central full on-disc track list:
- Audio Push – “Teach Me How To Jerk”
- Basement Jaxx – “Rendez-vu”
- Beastie Boys – “Body Movin’ (Fatboy Slim Remix)”
- Beenie Man – “King Of The Dancehall”
- Bell Biv DeVoe – “Poison”
- Benny Benassi – “Satisfaction"
- Cascada – “Evacuate the Dancefloor”
- Christina Milian – “Dip It Low”
- The Commodores – “Brick House”
- Craig Mack – “Flava In Ya Ear (Remix)”
- Dirty Vegas – “Days Go By”
- Eric B. & Rakim – “Don’t Sweat the Technique”
- Fannypack – “Hey Mami”
- Jay Sean ft. Lil Wayne – “Down”
- Kool & The Gang – “Jungle Boogie”
- Kylie Minogue – “Can’t Get You Out of My Head”
- Lady Gaga – “Just Dance”
- Lady Gaga – “Poker Face”
- Lipps Inc – “Funky Town”
- M.I.A. – “Galang ‘05”
- Nelly Furtado – “Maneater”
- Nina Sky – “Move Ya Body”
- No Doubt – “Hella Good”
- Pitbull – “I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)”
- Quad City DJ’s – “C’mon N’ Ride It (The Train)”
- Rihanna – “Pon de Replay”
- Salt-N-Pepa – “Push It”
- Snoop Dogg/Pharrell – “Drop It Like It’s Hot”
- Soulja Boy Tell ‘Em – “Crank That (Soulja Boy)”
- Technotronic – “Pump Up the Jam”
- Wreckx-n-Effect – “Rump Shaker”
- Young MC – “Bust A Move”
(All tracks are original master recordings)
Dance Central will feature downloadable content beginning Nov. 4, 2010. Each song will not only deliver fresh music, but also completely new routines that will keep dance parties going for months to come.
Dance Central will be available for $49.99 (U.S.), £39.99 (UK) / €49.99 (EU)
More articles about Dance Central