Breach is a first-person multiplayer shooter that literally blows the floor out from under conventional military shooters. Breach introduces new kinds of destruction that haven't been seen in any other game, unveils an Active Cover System which allows players to take advantage of any cover as it is ripped apart, and adds in unique, true-to-life spy gadgets which all changes the very nature of multiplayer combat.
Breach uses Atomic's innovative Hydrogen Engine to give players inventive ways to use destruction so they can stun, manipulate, and eliminate their opponents with a new toolbox of tactics. For the first time, virtual warriors can punch holes through floors to get the drop on enemies below, breach both interior and exterior walls, crush enemy fighters by collapsing ceilings and balconies, and even shoot away individual bricks to create "shooter's holes." Breach is the first game to mix Atomic's ground-breaking Active Cover System, which lets players attach instantly to cover, quickly pop in and out of cover, and peak and blind-fire from behind cover, with an environment in which virtually anything that can be used for cover can also be destroyed. As walls get eaten away from bullets and explosions, characters will be able to use the new openings to return fire without leaving the protection of remaining cover.
Players will take on the roles of some of the most elite field operatives in the US. CIA Special Activities Division officers are the teams sent in on real-life black operations when no one can ever know the US was involved. Atomic is using expertise it developed creating training systems for the world's leading military and intelligence organizations to bring the secret world of black operations to life with accurate weapons, gear, and real-life spy gadgets which virtual operators can use with real world tactics to defeat the enemy.
Breach's Hardcore Mode promises players the opportunity to test themselves and their tactics in an FPS like never before.
When Atomic first showed off Breach to gamers, the game's realism caused some organizations that use other Atomic training systems to show interest in using a modified version of Breach as a training aid for their operatives. Since Breach was made from the beginning to offer new kinds of authenticity not available in other shooters, adding in a sim-like HardCore Mode for both operatives and gamers was not difficult. Between its robust destruction and active cover technologies, it can simulate aspects of urban warfare better than any other multiplayer title. Add in its ability to simulate small arms fire, including range, velocity and caliber, and its purpose is clear. Breach, unlike any other current game, is about using cover and denying its use to the enemy, allowing for the true element of surprise and the ability to use real world tactics in a virtual environment. When players use the new Hardcore Mode in conjunction with the Sole Survivor game type, they will be able to experience Breach similar to the way real world Operators will as they train.
- New "Sole Survivor" Game Type: Each player is given only one life and no re-spawns, causing them to move and shoot with much more care and precision in this Team Deathmatch-like competition.
- Minimal HUD experience - Aiming reticule and other items turned off, while certain other items are left in as real life affords greater situational awareness.
- Disabling of Mini-Map radar system - removes the ability to use the radar to track enemy and friendly forces, players must be more aware of their surroundings
- Disabling of ammo counter and weapon fire-mode display
- Disabling of Kill Cam system: No longer gives you a hint about the person who killed you or where they were located -- keeping your effective kill locations hidden.
- Modified Damage Settings creating a more lethal experience: More realistic damage from all weapons, making direct fire fights highly lethal. Use cover to gain the upper hand.
- Hardcore mode can be applied to any of the existing maps and Game types: Creating a unique twist for the serious gamers across the board.
- Filter match searchers by normal or hardcore to match your play style
Breach aims to disrupt the way video games are priced and purchased, as it will be downloaded through Xbox LIVE Arcade, offering the kinds of innovation and features expected in a full packaged game.
More articles about Breach