Changes for Version 11.2.26
- The message panel and the league news article reports should show Facebook and Twitter buttons now! Please try to post news articles to your Facebook and Twitter accounts!
- Added several baseball card features
- Ongoing stories will now be saved in world.dat instead of an extra file
Fixes for Version 11.2.26
- Fixed issues with awards not going to deserving players when they are not on a team
- Fixed projected payroll calculation when extension offers exist
- Fixed rare crashes when enabling the DH prior to a game
- Fixed some PbP issues
- Fixed issue that resulted in duplicated players when manually activating minor league players from the DL and asking for AI minor setup afterwards
- Fixed rare instances when players have no demands listed in the free agent list but asked for a major league contract in the offer screen
- Fixed a bug which caused bad fielding ratings when importing a historical league with custom CSV files and neutralized stats enabled
- Fixed a bug which causes bad injury ratings in non-recalc historical leagues for imported rookies
- Fixed a bug during expansion draft which caused drafted players to cause expenses on the old team
- Improved trade AI
- Fixed problem where story line messages did not contain person names
- File version of english.xml file displayed on database info page
- Fixed multiple small bugs, mainly cosmetic ones
Out of the Park Baseball 11 ("OOTP 11"), the latest in the award-winning series, is the most immersive, realistic, and customizable baseball management simulation game on the market today. OOTP 11 provides what "fantasy baseballers" truly desire - the ability to control every aspect of a baseball team. With online or solo play, real Major League rosters, historical simulations, and purely fictional leagues, OOTP 11 has all of the bases covered!
Some of the main features of OOTP 11 include:
- Multiple styles of play - Use current-year MLB rosters, including full minor leagues. Use rosters from any MLB season in history (1871-2009). Or create a completely fictional baseball world. Do a combination of all of these! OOTP offers unmatched flexibility in setting up your baseball universe.
- Unlimited season play - OOTP has no season disks or season limits. Play five, ten, a hundred, or two hundred seasons. As many as you like!
- Solo or online play - Enjoy the game solo, or join an online league and compete with other human GMs for the ultimate management challenge.
- Realistic statistical engine - Watch your players perform and develop in a consistent, realistic manner over the life of your league with OOTP's realistic statistical engine based on modern baseball theory. Track their results using thousands of individual player, team, and league statistics. Watch as your own Hall of Fame grows before your eyes!
- Complete front office management - If a GM does it in real life, you can probably do it in OOTP. Manage the scouting budget. Make trades. Handle the amateur draft. Scour the waiver wire. Sign free agents. Negotiate contract extensions. Demote and promote players within your organization. You can even define depth charts, lineups, and pitching rotations for every team in your organization. It's all up to you! Of course, you can choose to delegate some or all of these functions to your team personnel, too!
- Unparalleled customizability - Customization has long been the hallmark of OOTP. Nearly any aspect of the game can be customized: league structure and rules, team logos, player pictures, and more!
- Play-by-play model - In OOTP, you can choose to fulfill solely the general manager duties, or you can take over on the bench as well, playing out any games you wish with our detailed play-by-play engine. Choose defensive strategies, make substitutions on the fly, and give the hitter that "swing away" sign. OOTP will "call" the play with an ongoing stream of announcer text, almost as if you were listening to the radio!
- League web sites - OOTP can generate an in-depth web site for each league, with thousands of pages of player data and stunningly in-depth history.
- In-game news engine - OOTP generates appropriate news articles and communications on the fly, so expect to hear about it when that slugger pounds four homers in a game, or when you 3-hit your opponent. Of course, this is also customizable, so write your own game recaps and articles if you wish. They'll be stored in the history of the league!
More articles about Out of the Park Baseball 11