Red Dead Redemption is a Western epic, set at the turn of the 20th century when the lawless and chaotic badlands began to give way to the expanding reach of government and the spread of the Industrial Age.
In preparation for the release of Undead Nightmare this week, a new automatic title update (version 1.05) for Red Dead Redemption has been deployed on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. You will be prompted to download the title update as soon as you sign into PlayStation Network or Xbox LIVE.
Noteworthy changes and fixes include:
- Friendly Free Roam now available for those that wish to play with player-vs-player killing disabled
- Markers in preparation for Land Grab in Free Roam, which will be available next week with the installation of Undead Nightmare DLC
- Fix for issues with Days Passed being reset
- Fix for co-op achievements not advancing after passing into legend
- Fix for players griefing by voting each other out of the game in Poker and Liar’s Dice
- Permanent clientside unlock for Redemption and Damnation characters (can use them on System Link without Internet connection)
- Poker and Grand Prix Leaderboards fixed to correct information displayed
Red Dead Redemption recreates the American West at the turn of the 20th century: a violent and turbulent time of rapid growth and change. Players become the partially reformed outlaw John Marston; blackmailed by the government, his family threatened as he is forced to traverse the vast and unforgiving expanses of the Western frontier in search of members of his former gang. In a dangerous world full of opportunistic criminals, corrupt officials and settlers battling the elements in a struggle to survive, Marston’s journey takes him from the dusty and lawless frontier to the civilized towns of the North, and down into a Mexico on the brink of a full-scale civil war.
Utilizing Rockstar's proprietary Rockstar Advanced Game Engine (RAGE), Red Dead Redemption features an open-world environment for players to explore, including frontier towns, rolling prairies teeming with wildlife, and perilous mountain passes - each packed with an endless flow of varied distractions. Along the way, players will experience the heat of gunfights and battles, meet a host of unique characters, struggle against the harshness of one of the world’s last remaining wildernesses, and ultimately pick their own precarious path through an epic story about the death of the Wild West and the gunslingers that inhabited it.
More articles about Red Dead Redemption