Crystal Dynamics has created a whole new experience specifically designed for the digital market. Players will take control of Lara and an ancient warrior named Totec in an isometric adventure through sprawling landscapes, perilous puzzles and epic boss battles. Built with two player cooperative multiplayer in mind, players, however, can still experience the game as a solo adventure.
When Lara Croft finds the long lost Temple of Light in the mountains of Central America, she unwittingly frees an evil spirit determined to plunge the world into eternal darkness. Alongside Totec, a Mayan tribesman, you must hunt down the Mirror of Smoke in what will be a new and incredible adventure.
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is to receive a major update on Xbox Live Arcade this Wednesday, October 27, 2010. Full online functionality including co-operative play will be activated via a free title update and free downloadable content will be available for a limited time period. he first DLC pack entitled ‘All the trappings’ will be given away for free for 30 days to XBLA players. The pack offers up a brand new area to conquer and features a combination of puzzle, exploration and combat experiences
“We’re delighted the Online Co-op is ready and going live – as a thank you to the patient Xbox gamers, and for a limited time only we will be giving away our first DLC pack for free. Download it, have a go and while you’re there try the online co-op mode, it’s great fun,” said Darrell Gallagher, General Manager of Crystal Dynamics.
The co-op and DLC update for PlayStation3 and PC players will be coming soon. More details to follow.
- First downloadable only title from Crystal Dynamics, and first downloadable only Lara Croft game.
- A classic formula of puzzles, combat, exploration, and breathtaking visuals put through the lens of an isometric fast-paced gaming experience.
- A wide range of options for solving puzzles and traversing deadly environmental traps, offering players an unprecedented level of freedom to choose their own solutions and explore various paths through the dense jungles of Central America.
- Crystal Dynamics' proprietary engine delivers sprawling environments with no load-times and unbelievable vertical gameplay through tombs reaching deep into the Earth.
- Face off against a myriad of undead warriors brought to life by the evil Xolotl, including a number of boss battles that are not to be missed!
- First ever co-op multiplayer action/adventure game featuring Lara Croft. Fully cooperative online and offline story mode.
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is currently available on Xbox Live Arcade for 1200 MS Points.
More articles about Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light