Enter the world of Gilverado, a kingdom plagued by hideous monsters and tortured souls. Choose from four angels with unique demonic familiars and battle against a storm of enemies pouring out of Hell's gates! Fight your way out of tight spots as you are surrounded by enemy units and bullets from both sides of the screen.
The unique left/right shooting mechanic of Deathsmiles will keep you on your toes as you dodge and weave through complex enemy fire, beautifully crafted by the modern masters of shmups, CAVE. Triggering “Power-up mode” will unleash great streams of golden crowns, white tiaras, and grey skulls as you cut through enemies with your little Angel's mighty magic shot. Try not to get distracted by the bling as you collect these gorgeous trinkets en masse and pump your high score to the limit!
Featuring three different game modes: Arcade (original Arcade game), Xbox 360 (Arcade conversion) and Version 1.1 (conversion designed specifically for the Xbox 360), Deathsmiles also features a two-player co-op mode, where players can take up the challenge with a friend at home or via Xbox LIVE. With variable difficulty options on all modes catering for newcomers and veterans, the European version of the game also includes the Mega Black Label pack: an expanded version of the game with a range of special features, an additional stage and an extra playable character.
“We are ecstatic to be able to team up with CAVE and bring Deathsmiles to market,” enthused Martin Defries, managing director, Rising Star Games. “It is an honour to work with a developer of such renown in the shoot-em-up genre and we are very excited that European gamers get a chance to experience their unique form of arcade action.”
Makoto Asada, producer on Deathsmiles, added: “CAVE is excited to be working with accomplished publisher Rising Star Games to bring the thrill of arcade shooters to a new audience. CAVE’s particular brand of shooting games is slowly but surely making its way to the west and we are proud to be bringing one of our strongest titles, Deathsmiles, out across Europe with their help.”
- Five Characters to Explore Gilverado: Choose Windia, the foppish English girl; Casper, the sassy German; Follett, the cautious French girl; or Rosa, the California valley girl. Travel down the roads of Gilverado and discover hidden conversations between the angels.
- Mega Black Label: Test your supernatural powers against the onslaught of the Ice Palace and its forgotten protector! Put your skills to the test with a new scoring system that demands more, but pumps out even more explosions of shiny tokens!
- Choose Your Path and Difficulty: You can choose your own route through the game’s stages and set the difficulty for each, from a level of 1 to 3. These difficulty levels allow you to customize the bullet count and boss toughness. Watch out if you choose level 3 four times, though…
- Save and Play Back Replays:Save replays of your own games to watch later for your own enjoyment. Players can also download the top 20 scoring runs on the leaderboard.
- Online Rankings & Online Co-op: Check out your score on the online leaderboard, with rankings for each character and game mode. Two-player cooperative play is also available via: Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network!
More articles about Deathsmiles