TERA raises the bar, setting new standards in the gaming industry. It is a visually stunning world with graphic quality above all other games in the industry. You will experience a new ground-breaking gameplay system where stereotypes of traditional MMORPGs will be broken. You will have full control over the attacks and the fate of your enemy. No more "pointing and clicking" and playing combat relay with the enemies. Furthermore, not only do you control the action, TERA is also set in a world where the players will dictate the flow of the economy and individually impact the community environment.
In TERA, players master their destiny in a richly detailed game world with a pioneering dynamic combat system. Individual player actions can transform the balance of power in a world where old rivalries are erased, and disparate races must form a common federation to stave off destruction by marauding monsters and warring gods.
You become part of the realm of Arborea, created by the Ancient Gods. You defend your race in a fantasy world where your creators, descendents of the Ancient Gods, have warred upon each other centuries ago. Join forces and become part of a vast world in constant conflict, where new battles and weaponry skills will leave you grasping for more as you become immersed in the realm of Arborea. Take charge and become the hero the world seeks!
Race feature: Castanics
Small in stature with reddish skin, sharp horns, and long ears, castanics possess an indomitable will that belies their devilish appearance. They have more hair color variety than any other race, although their most common hair color is white. Independent and self-sufficient, castanics tend to rely upon their innate individual strengths. They are cunning, strong, and agile, and make great scouts and spies. Since the fall of their god during the Divine War, castanics have suffered prejudice and oppression. Like the high elves, they have a dark history, and the castanic inclination toward fierce independence and dark humor makes many uneasy around them. Still, castanics are an integral part of the federation, valued, if uneasy, allies.
Class feature: Slayer
Slayers use mighty broadswords to sweep their enemies from the field. They prefer the mobility of light leather armor, but their weapons are implements of overwhelming brute force rather than speed or precision. The weight of the broadsword slows their attacks, but when they connect, they deal great amounts of damage. Slayers’ ability to strike from behind make them useful for helping allies who are surrounded by enemies. The slayer's strong Whirlwind attack has several times the power of its basic attack and cuts down enemies on all sides. In order for Whirlwind to do its full damage, the slayer must spend 1.5 seconds “casting” the attack uninterrupted. The cast time might seem like a downside, but the high damage more than makes up for it! A useful attack to use on foes directly in front of the slayer, Trip Attack does high damage with an 8-second cooldown. This skill has a “cast” time of 1.6 seconds, similar to Whirlwind, but if executed it has a great chance of knocking down the slayer's target.
Unlike traditional MMOs, there is no "point and click" system, giving you more control of the character and providing more riveting action play. No longer do you click your mouse and doze off into the sunset waiting for your opponent to die. You will have full control over the attacks and the fate of your enemy. TERA is set in a world where you, the players, will impact the community. The players will dictate the flow of the economy. You will trade, buy/sell more frequently with fellow players and create a community unique to your world.
- Explore and Engage: Experience an Action MMO beyond "point and click," where position, timing, and aim determine success in combat, and player characters climb, jump, and swim over and through obstacles.
- All Action, No Faction: Go beyond canned stories and existing factions to write the history of TERA in real time as six races join to change their world together.
- Discover a Rich Fantasy World: Play six character races (Human, High Elf, Castanic, Aman, Popori, and Baraka) and eight classes (Warrior, Lancer, Slayer, Berserker, Archer, Sorcerer, Priest, and Mystic); battle hundreds of monsters over thousands of quests in a game world filled with a huge array of weapons and items, and rich in history and lore.
- Enjoy Lush Graphics: Explore a stunning world filled with breathtaking vistas and dark, terrifying dungeons with TERA's next-gen graphics and animation.
- Experience a Vibrant Community: Enjoy player-centric community options with unparalleled security and service.
- Choice of Control: Play with mouse/keyboard or your favorite PC-compatible console controllers.
- Play with Confidence: Keep your focus where it should be—in the game. TERA is fully localized, tested, serviced, and supported for North America and Europe.
More articles about Tera: Rising