Runes of Magic has redefined the standard for free-to-play MMORPGs in terms of gameplay, fun and quality. The online role-playing game has an exciting, multi-layered story, driven by more than 2,700 quests set in the fantasy world of Taborea. To date, Runes of Magic has attracted more than three million registered users, making it one of the most successful free-to-play titles on the market, and a must play game for all fans of RPGs and MMO games.
Runes of Magic features a unique dual class system enabling players to combine one of eight primary classes with a secondary class. The result is a deep player experience that expands upon the game’s broad customization offering. There are two different playable races, Elves and Humans, from which players can choose. Each dual class combination produces its own powerful elite skills. Another popular feature is the opportunity to furnish your own virtual home, and guilds can construct guild castles, which can be expanded with additional buildings. Thanks to comprehensive crafting and reputation systems, gripping PvP features, deep customization and demanding dungeons, Runes of Magic has something for everyone. Taiwanese developer Runewaker regularly expands the game world with new free content and challenges.
Runes of Magic is preparing to celebrate all things ghastly and ghoulish with a newly expanded Pumpkin Festival event. On top of Runes of Magic Halloween favourites, this eerie event will offer up an XL haul of goodies, adding the Lil’ Pumpkins Trick-or-Treat and Pumpkin King games.
The Lil’ Pumpkins trick-or-treat offers visitors to Dalanis plenty of treats and more than enough tricks. This daily quest sends participants on a hunt to trap five pumpkin spirits scattered throughout the city before time runs out. These pumpkin pranksters are more than slippery and players might see their well-laid traps come up empty.
The Pumpkin King will also be holding court in Dalanis. In this event, his majesty will challenge players to a quiz that will force gamers to answers a series of questions by wearing their emoticons on their sleeve. Top treats are reserved for gamers who can obtain a perfect quiz score, but consolation prizes are available for those who get tricked.
This year’s event features the ghostly games of years past, including Kaz Madness, Monster Parade, Trick or Treat, and the Colored Ribbon Exchange.
Runes of Magic Features
- Dual class system with eight classes and unique elite skills
- Individual furnishing of player housing and guild castles
- In-depth story experienced through over 2,700 quests laced with epic quest-lines
- Gripping Player-versus-Player duels in arenas and on the battlefield
- Easy travel using portal stones and a wide range of mountable animals
- Challenging boss-combat in dangerous and extensive dungeons with up to 36 simultaneous player
- Entertaining mini-games offering variety to the hero’s routine
- Dynamic crafting and customization of items
- Regular comprehensive free updates with new game content
- Free-to-Play: No monthly subscription, free to download the game
Runes of Magic is free-to-play MMO, currently available worldwide.
More articles about Runes of Magic