With 42 million consoles sold in 35 countries, the Xbox 360 is one of the most successful devices for delivering content and services to your television over the Internet.
- 25 million Xbox Live members around the world are each spending more than 40 hours per month on the service – that’s more than one billion hours being spent on the service every month – making Xbox Live the leading social entertainment service in the living room and in the industry.
- In the last year alone there has been a 157 percent increase in the time spent watching movies and television on Xbox.
- Xbox Live includes apps customized for the television from Netflix, Facebook, Twitter, Zune, Last.fm, ESPN and in 2011, Hulu Plus.
- 42% of Xbox Live Gold members in the US are watching an average of an hour of television and movies on their Xbox, every single day or more than 30 hours of digitally distributed television and movies a month.
- Access to Xbox Live is expanding from 26 countries to 35 this November.
Next week, Xbox Live will launch its latest entertainment experiences: ESPN on Xbox Live, which will deliver 3,500 live and on-demand sporting events per year, Zune Music which will deliver unlimited streaming of millions of tracks and Video Kinect which will bring video chat to the TV screen in tens of millions of Xbox living rooms.
And for the first time anywhere, consumers will be able to control these entertainment experiences using only a wave of the hand or their voice with Kinect for Xbox 360, which launches on November 4th.